1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1993 Carvin LB75 5 String Black

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bmihalov, Apr 20, 2016.

1. bmihalov

bmihalov Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2008
    PA
    Price:
    Strings:
    1993 Carvin LB75 5 string in black. The serial # is 40929. Everything is original (Sperzel tuners, Carvin pickups and pre) except the bridge and I replaced that with a Hipshot A style. Maple through neck with ebony board. 24 frets. Dunlop strap locks but I never had the strap end. The spacing is currently close to 17.5mm. Not much room to go wider. The only real bad is the finish. Since it is a bass that is 23 years old is there are lots of scratches,no cracks though. I am only the second owner but the original person tried to touch up spray some of the body. The finish on the neck is still untouched. I guess if you wanted, you could wet sand it back or respray. I will include the bridge shims I got from Hipshot so you can adjust the action how you like. Currently it is tuned down a whole step (A,D,G,C,F). Plays great and I have Kalium strings on it. I have another one of these so that is what I had it around for. If you decide to tune it back up to B, I recommend at least a .135 set. Truss rod works as it should...not much tension on it now. No case, but will pack well. I do however have a Reunion Blues bag if you would want that with it, I am sure we could work something out.

Any questions, please feel free to PM me.

$265.00 shipped within US.

Thanks for reading!

Brian

Attached Files: