1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1993 MIJ 60's Reissue Jazz Bass - information?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tracer03, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Yeah, it's a long shot - but I have a 1993 MIJ 60's Reissue Sunburst Jazz that has been my main bass since I purchased it: I bought it brand new from a now-defunct retailer in Minneapolis (my guitar player at the time worked there) the day after it hit the show floor.

I never gave much thought to materials, etc. at the time, just fell in love with the feel and the look. It's been my main player ever since.

The other day, one of my daughter's friends - a budding guitarist - starting asking questions about it, which I was happy to answer: until...

'So - what is the body made out of?' - which stumped me. I honestly didn't know. It's heavier than my Alder Geddy Lee Jazz - substantially, it seems. I've done some research online that states that the early Fender Japan bodies were Alder, even Basswood - but this was dependant on the finish, or the factory where they were made. Some models *could be* ash, but that was all that was said.

It one point, I owned a Fender FSR Ash Jazz, and I remember that that bass was heavy - but I never compared the two.

I have e-mailed Fender about a week ago, but I haven't received a response to date.

It's not a big deal, but I'm genuinely curious: if anyone knows how I could track down information about the manufacture, etc. - I would appreciate it.

2. Anyone? Bueller?

3. Bump for info.

4. Pic?

5. The best I have right now....

P8200327.

6. Could be ash? Dunno. There's probably guys here who could tell how old the tree was it was cut from. ;)

tracer03 likes this.