Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1993 Musicman Sterling

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by blipndub, Aug 18, 2005.

1. 1993 Musiman Sterling
    Cobalt blue
    Original-style bridge with pads
    Excellent condition, some aging on metal
    $850 shipped.

email me at mightymiso@yahoo.com

2. pictures???

~Ryan

3. More to come

Attached Files:

4. boom!

5. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    This bass is identical to my main gigging bass. There's just *something* about those early Sterlings. Like the soup--Mmm Mmm, Good!

6. Interested in trades??

7. This is a fine, fine instrument. I would consider trades but only something really interesting, I'm in the "do I keep the Sterling or pay for a clutch" mode...

8. jammoore

jammoore

Mar 28, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I'm interested, can you give more detail about "aging on metal" . Got any other pictures? Come with Hard case?

Thanks, Jamie

jammoore@gmail.com

9. Comes with EBMM hard plastic case.
    There is a little discoloration on the pole pieces and a little on the bridge, I will get some better pix tomorrow.

10. close up pix

Attached Files:

11. couple more

Attached Files:

12. un mas.

I will be out of town after today until next Monday. So if someone wants this now they need to jump on it.

Attached Files:

13. Still available!

14. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Seriously--let me offer a few reasons why these early Sterlings are so cool:

1. Battery hatch versus battery box--less prone to solder joint breakage.

2. Neck plate is countersunk--nicely set into the body for a smooth feel.

3. Bridge mutes are in place if you want to get thumpy.

4. The neck contour on MY early Sterling is slightly sleeker than my two late model Sterlings, and IMHO, more comfortable--if that's possible.

If you're the least bit tempted to take the plunge on a Sterling you can't do better than an early one. This bass, with a high quality silver and black paisely pickguard from WD, is my go-to solution for 90% of gigs.

15. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    This is a great bass, I owned it a few years back.

16. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I had an early fretless sterling that looked like this (same color, mutes were missing), and I wound up swapping necks on it (I had a fretted sterling too). There was something about it but I liked it more than my 100% sterling that I had switched necks with.

17. Would prefer sale but might consider trades. 5-string Stingrays esp.

18. price drop in the future?

~Ryan

19. will consider offers... ;)