1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1993 Sunburst American Standard Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by deanopt, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deanopt

deanopt

Jan 19, 2008
    I have to tell you...this is one sweet bass!!! I just put new strings on yesterday...MAN...the neck is perfect...not one buzz anywhere. Plays like a dream and sounds awesome. I almost decided to keep it myself, but I need to thin the herd.

Limited Production! Modern Body! Worldwide Shipping! $895 OBO

1993 Made in USA Last Year of Production Vintage Fender "Boner" Jazz Bass in the highly desirable Sunburst w/White Pickguard...also sometimes called the "longhorn bass". Why the name...it has 22 Frets, an Extended Upper Bout and Deeper Lower Cutaway making for a very Sexy look! These were only made for a short run and highly prized by collectors. Known for its more distinct modern body. The body as you may notice is a bit askew. This is Fender's Moderne. Another great feature which adds to its desirability is the TBX tone control which doesn't just cut away highs like a standard tone control, it actually boosts high and boosts lows depending on which way it is turned from its center detent. Comes with SKB Hard-Shell molded case in near perfect condition with key.

Collectable quality 100% Excellent condition for it's age has only a few minor defects in the finish almost exclusively in the black outer section so they're not even noticeable.

Nothing and I mean nothing beats a USA Jazz for backing up a song or cutting through the mix. There are very few of these in the world. Plays and Sounds Perfect. The neck is perfect, straight, fast and smooth. Has the rare vintage Skunk Stripe and old original vintage neck plate! The frets are in very good condition. No fret buzz whatsoever...You will Be Happy!

If you'd like additional photos, just let me know. If you'd like to speak, just shoot me an email and I'll send you my cell number. I will ship pretty much anywhere as long as payment has been received and verified.

Attached Files:

2. Dr Funk

Dr Funk "If you ain't appearing then you be disappearing" Supporting Member

How do you keep coming up with these incredible jazz basses??? :bag:

3. deanopt

deanopt

Jan 19, 2008
    Hey, Dr. Funk!

I'm just thinning the herd. This one is an exceptional sounding instrument. It has so much depth and if anyone is looking for that Louis Johnson groove sound, this is the bass to own. I have one I'm keeping that's Lipstick Red...hoe rare is that? :hyper: Thanks for your prior purchase and for all your kind words on this forum.

Deanopt

4. jacoDEbasso

jacoDEbasso

Mar 31, 2009
    in my mind
    Oh how I wish you wanted to trade!!! Bump for a gorgeous bass and one rare bird!

5. deanopt

deanopt

Jan 19, 2008
    Thanks for the bump, Jaco! It really is as you say!

Dean

6. deanopt

deanopt

Jan 19, 2008
    Bump

7. sflajimmy

sflajimmy

Nov 6, 2005
    South Florida
    The "Boner" could use a tort guard...I know STFU....sorry I had to say it. Really though the white PG looks good on this bass. At least I gave you a bump;)

8. deanopt

deanopt

Jan 19, 2008
    Thanks for the bump man...I agree...I do like the Tortoise PG but whites original as you well know. Never did figure out why they stopped putting the tort on sunburst. Classic for sure! Take care!

Dean

9. deanopt

deanopt

Jan 19, 2008
    Sold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.