1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale 1994 Ampeg B1(r) bass head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by cptripps, Oct 7, 2017.

1. cptripps

cptripps

Nov 29, 2009
    Coventry RI
    Price:
    This amp is in very good condition and everything works as it should. I replaced the stock Sovtek tubes (very brittle breakup) with a set of matched ones (well several sets really) to find the tone I wanted from it. It has plenty of warm gain and the classic ampeg growl.

This is a tube preamp and a 150 watt power amp. It is very efficient and one of the best 150 watt amps I've heard. It's got enough power for gigs but it won't fill up a huge venue on its own.

I used this mostly as preamp to drive a Crown poweramp. Right off the pre stage it sounds tremendous. The deep switch is very useful on this amp because it doesn't cut the mids to create more low end, it actually just dumps in more sub lows! It's versatile enough to use pre and main outs simultaneously or as a standalone.

These are rare and this unit is in excellent working order all around.

My asking price includes shipping. If you are local, we can discuss a local pickup instead.

For full specs, here is a manual:

http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/b1_b1r.pdf
    Saturday.jpg Saturday-2.jpg Saturday-3.jpg Saturday-4.jpg Saturday-5.jpg Saturday-6.jpg Saturday-7.jpg Saturday-8.jpg Saturday-9.jpg Saturday-10.jpg Saturday-11.jpg

2. Macek Klacek

Macek Klacek

Nov 24, 2019
    Hello is the B1-R still available for sale? I am new here so I do not know how it works - how to write PM. If yes could you please ship it to Elmhurst Illinois? Do you accept PayPal? Thank you in advance Marcel