1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1994 German Warwick Fortress Wenge Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TideSwing, May 17, 2016.

1. TideSwing

TideSwing

Oct 31, 2014
    Las Vegas
    Price:
    Strings:
    Honey violin stained finish 1994 Warwick Fortress wenge neck/fingerboard + maple body for sale. Weight is 8lbs. 12.4oz. on my digital postal scale. Excellent condition with little to no fret wear, buttery low action and a super clean back of neck. Some minor dings to the body, nothing glaring. Stock active Seymour Duncan pickups with dip switches and MEC preamp. I just had a brand new exact replacement Warwick PUSH/PULL MEC VOLUME POT(part M84500), WARWICK MEC PC BOARD (part M84001) and output jack professionally installed. Previously the volume did not work in active mode and was scratchy towards the end of the taper in passive mode. Now it works flawlessly as do the blend, bass and treble knobs which all have center detents. Everything else is stock including recessed Dunlop Straplocks, strap parts not included. All hardware including truss rod and other adjustable parts work perfectly as well.

$950 shipped.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  2. The same in 5 strings :)

late80s likes this.
  3. TideSwing

TideSwing

Oct 31, 2014
    Las Vegas
    Description of pickups from employee on Seymour Duncan's forum site:

"Functions of switches on old-style "Active EQ" bass pickups
    We stopped making the switch pickups ("Active EQ") in the mid-'90s. We replaced them with the Pro-Active series.
    The little rocker switches on the Active EQ pickups change the sound. Switch #1 shifts the coil resonance. On a Jazz Bass neck pickup and a P Bass pickup, the resonance moves downward from 22 KHz to 6.4 KHz. On a Jazz Bass bridge pickup, it move downwards from 17 KHz to 4.9 KHz. The effect is to give a more focused sound with a harder attack. Switch #2 gives a broad band bass boost of 4 dB for the Jazz Bass neck and P Bass pickups, and 5 dB for the Jazz Bass bridge. The switches can be a very effective tool for changing the tonal "character" of your instrument."

4. TALL&STOUT

TALL&STOUT Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
    San Diego
    I like it!

late80s likes this.
  5. MoonChild2112

MoonChild2112

Oct 16, 2013
    beautiful... if it was fretless I'd be all over it...

late80s likes this.
  6. TideSwing

TideSwing

Oct 31, 2014
    Las Vegas
    Well - I've come to my senses, I've always deemed this a keeper and after A/Bing against my Jazz that I've had to play with the band while this was getting the volume pot done, this one still wins. No need to sell or trade for a P-Bass, I'll add one when funds allow in the future.

MoonChild2112 likes this.
  7. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Wise move.

8. clcotro

clcotro

Mar 17, 2011
    Hawthorne (CA)
    i'm very interested sir

9. I've got a 1994 5-string just about identical to yours. But everything is original. It has both the original chrome hardware and new gold hardware. Sounds really nice. I was going to sell/trade it when I got my new Corvette, but decided to keep it and continue using it. Glad I did. Good luck with this one.

10. TideSwing

TideSwing

Oct 31, 2014
    Las Vegas
    I picked up a Highway One Precision so this is back and with a price drop! No longer looking for any trades.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  11. Fair Warning

Fair Warning Deliverin' the Goods!

I bought an identical bass a few years ago, here on TB. It has the thinnest neck I've ever used and plays and sounds great. I've kept it this long and use it regularly, so its a winner. Also, I bought mine for the same price as is being asked here.....

late80s likes this.
  12. TideSwing

TideSwing

Oct 31, 2014
    Las Vegas
    It is a winner and sets up truer than any bass I've had before. If I could afford to keep it I would but I live by the one in/one out rule and am set on having two classics - a jazz and a Precision - for my current playing situations.

13. Fair Warning

Fair Warning Deliverin' the Goods!

Screw that 1-In / 1-Out Rule. Don't let those basses go, unless you are poor and need rent money, of course.....

14. TALL&STOUT

TALL&STOUT Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
    San Diego
    Happy Friday PM sent

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021