SOLD 1994 MIJ Fender Jazz Body, Black, Loaded

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by tepperware, Mar 18, 2018.

1. tepperware

tepperware Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2013
    New Jersey
    Price:
    If you're reading this, then you probably already know that MIJ fenders are held in high regard.

This bass began life as a fretless. The original neck is long gone, and it has worn a few different necks since then. It has the grounding strap that extends from the bridge pickup to the bridge, like a 60's Jazz Bass.

I did swap out the pickups at one point but the original Japanese pickups are back in there, so I have unsoldered and soldered the pickup leads.

The bass came to me with no pickguard. I put on a nice-looking three ply cream colored guard that I purchased on eBay.

There are some scratches, as is to be expected with a bass that is over twenty years old. I believe that the scratches in the closeups look MUCH worse in the photos than they do in person. From a foot away, the bass looks close to flawless.

Weighs 6.2 lbs on my bathroom scale.

As far as trades go, I am on the lookout for a lightweight cabinet and am willing to part with cash to balance out the trade if necessary.

This bass has been a real workhorse for me over the last ten or so years. Just slap a new neck on it and she's ready to go!

Price includes shipping to CONUS.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    mikiman and Treebeard like this.
  2. MJ_Sotti

MJ_Sotti formerly "Mike in Chicago"

Apr 3, 2011
    Chicago
    PM

3. tepperware

tepperware Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2013