1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available 1994 Stingray 4 - Trans Teal

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Ampig, Feb 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

Price:
    $800
    Strings:
    '94 Ray 4 in Translucent Teal w/Rosewood fretboard and 3 band EQ (loud & proud). Fully working electronics. Comes with original mirror pick guard and a choice of the aged white pearloid WD guard shown or a 3 ply white Chandler guard. The foam string mutes are still intact and functional. The pics are taken with a flash which highlights the grain in the wood. It's how she shows under stage lighting or sunlight. The blue finish is not as bright under normal lighting. She's in overall great condition with a few minor dings. Ships in original hard shell case which is also in great shape. $800 plus $75 shipping to lower 48 U.S. No trades.
    DSCN5227_zps6ruj1iv5.
    DSCN5236_zpsxukbkcvc.
    DSCN5246_zpsb6wbngg3.
    DSCN5239_zpsgy5dcyri.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  2. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Great price on this beauty!

3. Deaj

Deaj

Aug 15, 2004
    Kingston, WA
    If I didn't already have a Stingray 4 I'd be all over this one. Beautiful bass! GLWTS :)

4. maxschrek

maxschrek Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN.
    Beautiful!
    Question, I noticed it has the more current compensated nut, is this a newer neck? Doesn't matter, still an insane deal, just curious:)

5. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

Good catch. I forgot about that. Here's an excerpt from the original Ad post when I bought the bass
    "according to a previous owner, this bass was originally a blank-board fretless that developed a nasty twist, and Ernie Ball replaced the neck with a fretted one."
    And a link SOLD - 1994 Musicman Stingray

maxschrek likes this.
  6. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    I sold this one to Ampig, smokin' Ray with some BIG tone...

7. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

Im only selling to keep my arsenal count down to my wife's max allowable of 4 basses. Got an L2K en route. At heart I'm afraid I'll always be a G&L man.

8. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

That's a good era for Rays. And Ampig is a very cool cat - buy with confidence!
    If I were a bit more flush and didn't just score some nice acquisitions of my own the last couple of weeks I might have grabbed this....
    GLWTS,

9. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

Thanksguys for the props. It's like a Dudepitters reunion

dukeplaysbass and El Tookay like this.
  10. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Love this era and color. Great price, too!

11. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

You're right... great colour!

Good luck with the sale!

Orange Caesar likes this.
  12. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    weight please?

13. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

Just a hair under 10lbs

14. feelinlow

feelinlow Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Bay Area/Northern, CA.
    Curious as to why Ernie Ball didn't put the age appropriate nut on there. They usually do to keep it correct. Very nice bass. If my P Bass moves I may consider.

15. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

Can't say why they didn't, but I think it's a positive.

16. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

Man things are slow. I know this is a good price

17. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    Speaking of old Pitters........didn't you come up to Richmond from tidewater and hang while we sorted out some electronics on a bass.......years ago? I still had my Hog/ebony '81 L2Ke back then.

18. ScarfFace

ScarfFace Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2014
    La Crosse WI
    I can't believe this is still here at this price! I'm sure in another month or so when more people have gotten tax returns back things will start moving again.

19. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

It's very possible. You remember what bass?

20. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    No, but I'm thinking there was an EMG VJ set involved. .....or maybe a J-Retro but I'm pretty sure I mailed the J-Retro off to someone. I installed them up in my studio room in Chesterfield. Aren't you down in the Norfolk/Va Beach/Newport News area?

Nice teal Ray btw. I'd offer something for it but see you're not doing trades, and that's cool. I actually need to thin the herd myself.