1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1994 USA Fender Jazz Plus 5 - $525 - Excellent

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jamontap, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamontap

jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    1994 Fender Jazz Plus 5. Excellent condition. Action is set at med - low. Sounds like a beast. Kubicki Pre really makes the bass. Need to let it go to come up with funds to paint my house.

Maple Neck
    Pau Ferro fingerboard
    Lace sensor pups
    Kubicki Pre ( 4 way selector switch - passive,active,active series, mute.)
    gotah tuners
    bad-ass style bridge

comes with hardshell case.

paypal echeck or us money order only. sorry no trades.

$525 plus shipping to United States only.

Pics here
    http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q298/jamontap/04 USA Fender Jazz/Fender Jazz Plus/

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Can you supply a link where I don't have to join Photobucket?

3. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    I'm not seeing the pictures in the link.

4. jamontap

jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    sorry. should be fixed now.

5. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I like it. Are the pots working well with no noise?

6. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I had a blue one of these until last year. Great sounding bass that became my #1 gigging bass for over a year. Mine sold on eBay for well over $600 and it was pretty banged up.

Great deal for a great bass!

7. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Wow. This is giving me painful GAS. I had a four-string as my main bass for a long time, the pre went belly-up, and I was pissed. It was a fantastic bass, I used it on tour and studio with no issues. I absolutely love the series setting on the pre- it really has that "in your face" kind of Flea sound.

I'm playing 5-string now, and if this thing is as good as my other one, I may have to snag it, although I've never played the 5-string version.

Any idea what the spacing at the bridge is? What's the neck profile like? (< I know, way subjective question.)

8. jamontap

jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA

The pots are working great. not the slightest bit of noise at all. you'd never know the age of this bass by looking at it or playing it.

9. jamontap

jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    neck profile is thin front to back. definitely not a chunky type neck. bridge spacing is 17.5 mm

10. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I have one of these. I must say it's an awesome bass. Just not getting any play because I play all 4 bangers now. Bump for a cool bass!

11. jamontap

jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    bump.

12. I had a '92 Plus V, and even though I had to sell it to move upward last year, the "Plus" line will always have a soft spot in my heart for being my first Jazz-style bass after years with Ibanez basses and placing me on the path where I finally found my tone Jazz basses and pickups. Plus, a MIA Fender Jazz with Lace-Sensor pickups, Kubicki preamp (killer tone combination in that setup!), Gotoh tuners and bridge (a OEM copy of a 201), Pau Ferro fretboard and one *FAST* neck for $525?!? The price Fender is currently asking for their MIM Standards? This seems to be a great deal for a what looks to be a very clean bass.

13. AA63

AA63

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Let me chime in on this and a free bump...

I too have one of these, and it is has a crazy good build quality. I'm not partial to Lace Sensors nor the pre-amp (even though I am a Kubicki owner). In mine I have replaced the electronics with Sadowsky pups/preamp. In doing so it equals my NYC in every way. The neck profile is almost exact, body is slightly undersized, Pau fretboard and incredible fretwork, heavy bridge like the older Sads. Take a little gloss off the neck and I'll do a blindfold test, you would not know the difference.

For 5 bills? These basses are the sleeper of the decade.

14. jamontap

jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    bump

15. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

How can this still be here? This would sell in minutes on Flea Bay @ this price. Bump for a SMOKIN deal!

16. jamontap

jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    Yeah, i know right? Not sure why it's still here. Don't really like ebay, but i'm considering it. Thanks Quad.

17. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Keep it up here through the weekend. This bass would be a great catch for a smart TB'er.:cool:

18. doubleshot

doubleshot

Apr 8, 2008
    Cleveland
    P.M. Sent !!!

19. jamontap

jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    P.M. replied.

20. jamontap

jamontap