1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1994 USA Fender Jazz Plus 5 - $525 - Excellent

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jamontap, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamontap

jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    on hold pending payment.

2. Dwiggs

Dwiggs

Mar 1, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    I assume this is long gone, right?

3. I'm really curious about these basses. I'm a huge fan of the Kubicki sound, but the bodies, not so much. I'd love to hear from anyone who's owned both: a Kubicki fact and one of these Jazzes, to know how close the Fender comes to the Kubi sound.

4. AA63

AA63

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Hi Tim,

I have both.

The Fender does not sound like the Kubicki. There are some similarities but only about in the same way you would find by using a stomp box pre-amp on two completely different basses. Besides the obvious wood differences and lack of a headstock, remember that the Kubicki soapbars are quite unique and are nothing like the Lace Sensors.

PM me if you have any specific questions, I have had both basses for a very long time and have modded each of them extensively.

A

5. Thanks million, brudda. That saves a lot of GAS pain for me! I wasn't sure how much of that magic tone is in these pups and how much comes from the pre. Glad to know it's at least enough from the pups that only the Factor cuts it!

Thanks again!

t.

6. DavC

DavC Supporting Member

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    is this available ..??

thanks ... DC

7. DavC

DavC Supporting Member

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio