1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available 1994 Warwick Thumb 6 NT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Stewart13, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Stewart13

Stewart13 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Redmond, Oregon
    Price:
    Strings:
    It is with a heavy heart that I am listing my ‘94 Thumb NT 6. This thing is an absolutely beautiful piece of wood. It plays great and is very very smooth. The bass has had a few changes made to it. It currently has an OBP-3 and new Aguilar DCB pickups installed.

The bass was previously owned by a player in the AETC Airforce Band of the West. It has a MONSTROUS red, flag form fitted flight case that comes with it. The bass is very good condition overall for its age. Some light rash on the back and small dings here and there. This bass is right smack-dab in the middle of the golden era for Warwick. Stunning bubinga and smooth body contours. Standard 16.5mm string spacing which is adjustable. Solid brass bridge.

I am asking $2300 shipped CONUS or trades in Warwicks of equal value from the 90’s. I am also interested in USA Spectors. 5 strings only.

58D2156C-C77D-4C22-A447-C411C9EFDFB7.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  2. Barticus

Barticus Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2017
    NEOhio
    Wow beautiful!

Stewart13 and Viggo51 like this.
  3. Viggo51

Viggo51 Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Portland Oregon
    Owned this bass for awhile, tons of mojo!

Stewart13 likes this.
  4. Stewart13

Jan 8, 2016
    Redmond, Oregon
    Can’t bring myself to get rid of this beast. Keeping for now...

Barticus and bassbooty like this.
  5. Barticus

Barticus Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2017
    NEOhio
    Good keeper for sure!
    For me, that’s the missing Thumb in my collection (have a 4 and 5) and has the highly preferred OBP3+DCB combo that I really like as well (I have that in another 6). :) Problem is, I have too many others at the moment to keep adding :)

Good decision to keep it!

Stewart13 and bassbooty like this.
  6. Stewart13

Jan 8, 2016
    Redmond, Oregon
    Totally! They're awesome basses. I'm sure you'll be able to find one That qualifies. I'm actually not liking the DCB pickups at all so they're going to be replaced with MEC Golds (my favorite pickups).

bassbooty likes this.