1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1995 Dingwall Voodoo 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jimc, Apr 15, 2010.

1. jimc

jimc

Sep 17, 2002
    New Carsmell, CA
    I recently traded for this and was totally happy with the trade. I missed having a Dingwall in the stable but it took owning one again to remind me what I already knew, that the extended scale on the lower strings is too much for my smallish hands!

This is in great shape for its age. It's a pre-fire bass (Dingwall had to move operations when a fire destroyed their workshop) so the only info that Dingwall could supply was its age. Controls are vol, 4-position pickup selector, bass, mid, treble and mid-switch. Tuners are the locking spertzels (sp?). Plays and sounds as well as you would expect a Dingwall too.

The body is Northern Ash and the board is Pau Ferro. The preamp is an Aguilar OBP-3. The neck is a 9 piece laminate and you can detect a slight amount of 'ridging' if you run your hand around the neck. Doesn't affect playability at all but I mention it for full disclosure.

Comes with a Dingwall gigbag and a spare set of Dingwall strings. Asking $2200 shipped in the US.

[​IMG]

More pics here

2. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Delicious! Shouldn't last long.

3. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Oh my Lord! Time to sell an organ or something!;)

4. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Bump for a really nice Dingwall that I briefly owned.

I have the same problem that jimc has with the longer scale so I had to let it go. Too bad because it plays and sounds phenomenal.

A great bass for an excellent price plus it's a piece of history too!

5. Siri

Siri

Sep 26, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    PM sent

6. jimc

jimc

Sep 17, 2002
    New Carsmell, CA
    Deal pending.

7. guitarded

guitarded