1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1995 Fender Jazz Bass MIJ 75RI w/2011 MIJ Marcus Miller Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FronTowardEnemy, Jan 8, 2017.

1. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    Price:
    $650
    Strings:
    I had this up for trade, but I now have to list it for sale.

$650 shipped with gig bag.

I have a gigging 1995 Fender MIJ 75RI Jazz body w/2011 Fender MIJ Marcus Miller neck.

The body has all original electronics, upgraded with black pick guard, shaft style set screw knobs, and Bad Ass bridge. I have the original pick guard and it will be included as well. The Hipshot dtuner (in pics) will be replaced with the original standard Marcus Miller reverse tuner as I am keeping it.

The body had been played for about 1000 gigs if not more. There are numerous little dings and a few chips throughout as well as normal real time relic wear from years and years of gigging. The poly on the back is barely hanging on due to buckle rash. The pickup covers are worn away in certain spots due to anchoring of the thumb position. This is a player that still looks great despite being worn in. Nothing affects playability with the body.

Weight is 9.4 lbs.

I sold off the original neck because I prefer maple white B&B necks. I picked up a 2011 Fender Marcus Miller neck loaded for the body. The neck is in great shape (straight, low action, no buzz), with the exception of two very small indents high up on the back of the neck. Not noticeable if playing, you really have to be feeling for them. The back of the headstock has a small gouge in it (not so bad) and the front peg head around the E and A string post has glue mishap residue. Otherwise it is set up with really low action and fresh Elixir strings.

Just a side note, because the bass is all natural, it is hard to detect any flaws in the finish from 3’ feet back. The bass has to be inspected in your hands and light needs to be reflected to see the majority of the player wear. It is a true MIJ Road Worn Jazz.

Here is a video of the tone this bass has.

I have three jazz basses and I am only now selling to fund my recent purchase of a P bass.

mpl.JPG

IMG_2951.JPG IMG_2953.JPG IMG_2954.JPG IMG_2955.JPG IMG_2956.JPG IMG_2957.JPG IMG_2958.JPG IMG_2960.JPG IMG_2961.JPG IMG_2962.JPG IMG_2963.JPG IMG_2964.JPG IMG_2965.JPG

For sale at this time.

Thank you…

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Gorn, StreetScenes and jimmyjames77 like this.
  2. johnnyCreep

johnnyCreep

Jul 25, 2012
    Chicago
    Nice! Is this the version that has the 60s pickup spacing instead of the 70s spacing? What is your estimated value of trade? I don't have a Road Worn P, but I have a couple of P basses.

FronTowardEnemy likes this.
  3. FronTowardEnemy

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    It is the MIJ version with the 60s spacing.

I would imagine the trade value would be right around $750-$800.

I wanted to try a RW Precision bass but I was also looking at the MIM Classic 50's P, and Classic 50's P laquer.

I am most interested in maple neck P basses. What did you have in mind?

Just noticed you are in Chicago as well. If you have a trade offer let me know and maybe we can work something out.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  4. Killer bass. If you see something on my Reverb store let me know maybe can work out a deal. I'll be adding more in the next day or so..

CinCityCustoms | Reverb

Gord_oh and FronTowardEnemy like this.
  5. johnnyCreep

johnnyCreep

Jul 25, 2012
    Chicago
    I have a maple neck P that's a chimera of sorts. It's the 70s hot rod p, but I fitted a American special neck to it. Not entirely wanting to trade that, though. I also have an 83 elite ii, but that's rosewood, active, and I would want cash in your end.
    I am in Chicago.... Howdy, neighbor!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  6. FronTowardEnemy

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    I know how you feel. I really don't want to trade out this bass either but I already have my newer workhorse Jazz.

If you change your mind hit me up.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  7. FronTowardEnemy

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    Bump!

Now for sale.

8. tom grossheider

tom grossheider

Oct 14, 2004
    ILLINOIS
    Great tone. Gave it a second listen, just because you are wearing a SOX hat! All the best.

9. FronTowardEnemy

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    Thanks.

I am a born and raised Chicago South Sider.

tom grossheider likes this.
  10. MattB88

MattB88 Gold Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Alien Audio Basses, DR Strings, Warm Audio, Shaw Audio
    I'm a Chicago south side guy but I bleed Cubbie BLUE!!!!!:bassist::bassist::bassist:

11. FronTowardEnemy

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    Actually I was raised a Cubs fan. My father grew up in Rogers Park.

My south side buddies made it perfectly clear to me that Cubs fans are tolerant of Sox fans, but Sox fans are far from tolerant of Cubs fans.

BTW I grew up in Burbank off of 79th and Cicero right over by Ford City.

12. MattB88

MattB88 Gold Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Alien Audio Basses, DR Strings, Warm Audio, Shaw Audio
    I was down in Gary. Hit the south shore to Wrigley and life was good!

13. FronTowardEnemy

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    Sold on reverb for $650.

Thanks for all the interest.

StreetScenes likes this.