Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1995 Fender MIM Precision Special for Sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Wownirvana, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    Well I hate to do it but I'm selling my 95 Fender P Special to fund the purchase of a 5 string Fender American P Deluxe. This bass is one of the harder to find models that are tele-style p specials, that were only made for two years (95 and 96). The only difference between most p specials and this one (besides the appearance) is that this bass has active electronics. It has two stacked knobs (so 4 knobs overall) to help keep the tele style (no control plate though) and everything else is pretty much standard p special fare. This bass sounds and plays really great, it's actually the second one I owned; I bought one in black because I'd been having trouble finding one and I got a good deal on it and then a little while later I found one in a killer white (the one I have now) so I sold the black one and bought the one I have now. They are really great basses if you're looking for some versatility. It is in perfect working order and only has a few cosmetic blemishes, and one little chip in the paint on the bottom edge of the body that isn't really noticeable if you're playing. I'll be able to get to my digital camera this weekend so if anyone wants pics that's when I'll be able to get them to you. If you have any questions or requests for pics you can email me Wownirvana@aol.com I'm asking $300 for this bass shipped out with the hardshell case. Thanks for looking~Josh

2. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    I'd like to see some pics posted here when you get a chance.....

GS

3. Agree that pics would be nice and a little more description about the pickup arrangement.

-Scott

4. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    I'll be able to get pics up this weekend but I'm gonna be busy Friday so they probably won't be up until Saturday afternoon. The pickup arrangement on this bass is standard for a p special, it has a p bass pickup at the neck and a j bass pickup at the bridge, the only difference between it and the newer p specials is that this has an active preamp~Josh

5. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    My files are too big to attach, if you guys will send me your email addresses (either by PM or to Wownirvana@aol.com if you don't want them to be public) I'll send you pics. That goes for anyone else that wants to see them too~josh