1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1995 G&L L2000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by birdman14, Dec 29, 2016.

1. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    Price:
    Strings:
    For sale is a mid-90s G&L L2K. A fantastic playing and sounding instrument, I'm daft for selling it, but it's not getting played nearly as much as it deserves, so on it goes. Recently set up with Dunlop Marcus Miller strings, you can cover almost every genre with it's clever pre-amp system. The body shows some of it's age, but is overall in good condition. Comes with it's original case.

Specs for anyone unfamiliar:
    34" scale
    1.65" nut
    Maple Neck/Fretboard
    2 MFD Humbuckers
    Volume/Treble/Bass (both controls are passive! Fully CW = 0dB, cuts as you turn CCW)
    switches (top to bottom): Pickup selector, Series/Parallel, Passive/Active/Active boost

To anyone who is concerned about all the switching, you can do as much or as little tweaking as you'd like. I found the most success determining the pickup combo I wanted to use, and playing with the B/T knobs as needed.

I'm asking 800 shipped to your door (add 20 for west of the Mississippi). I'd prefer a sale, but would also be interested in a trade for vintage short scale basses (EKO, Hagstrom, Framus) with cash on your end or 5 string basses. Feel free to reach out with any questions about the bass, I'll try to get back to you within a day.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  2. thegreatmattsby

thegreatmattsby

May 16, 2011
    Chicago
    Nice! Mind if I ask the width of the neck at the nut?

3. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    I've actually never measured it... I'm out of town at the moment, but when I get back, I'll be sure to check it out. To my hand, it doesn't quite feel like a P width, so 1 5/8" or so.

4. thegreatmattsby

thegreatmattsby

May 16, 2011
    Chicago
    Thanks for the quick reply. If you have a chance to measure once you're back, that'd be great--assuming the bass lasts that long! GLWTS

birdman14 likes this.
  5. JPaulGeddy

JPaulGeddy

Sep 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Asked in PM, but similar info here looks like. I'd also like more info on the neck, nut, radius, etc. Looks like they had a vintage-y smaller one, and a wider P-type available.

Thanks!

6. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    Here's some literature from the time (1996) showing specs for the bass. I'll be getting home tomorrow evening, so I'll confirm the measurements.
    main.php?g2_view=core.

pjbassist and JPaulGeddy like this.
  7. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    Here's the best photo I got of the nut width. It's 1-5/8"!

Attached Files:

8. dtsamples

dtsamples Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Wilmington, DE
    Great bass, great color!

9. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    weird that nobody bought this, i'm still rocking my black 83

birdman14 likes this.
  10. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    Feel free to make me an offer! I just bought some new gear, so I'm motivated to sell.

11. TDR1138

TDR1138

Apr 11, 2007
    Section 204
    I don't need a third L-2000...