1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1995 Ibanez SR1305 5 String Bass Made In Japan

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DO THE DIRTY, Feb 6, 2017.

1. DO THE DIRTY

DO THE DIRTY

Feb 6, 2017
    Cincinnati
    Price:
    Strings:
    This 1995 Ibanez SR1305 Made In Japan Custom Made 5 string bass is a double cutaway padauk body.

The bubinga-wenge neck is bolt-on.

The fingerboard is also wenge fingerboard with 24 frets and pearl dot inlays.

Tuners are grotoh black tuners

The two Pickups are ADX5's

Comes with Peavey Headcase and PlanetWaves strap with quick release buttons.

Covers missing from 2 tuners. One screw missing from one of the pickups. One knob has a chip. Scuffs on the face of the body and some dings on the top of the headstock. The body and neck have tiny surface cracks from time and touring. These are not cracks that affect the playability whatsoever, only tiny tiny surface cracks. The case shows age but is still sturdy.

This bass is 22 years old and the age shows. Yes it is dinged up but only from age and nothing that affects the play-ability, it plays amazing and sounds amazing. All the electronics and knobs work perfectly. The neck is straight and ready to play.

These bass's retailed for $1,600-$1,700, so this is a great price and a good chance to get your hands on a truly rare and vintage piece of history.

PM if you're interested, thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  2. swrbass5

swrbass5 Gold Supporting Member

These are great basses. I bought my son a 1300 a few years ago to learn on.
    The 1200's were the popular basses back then- probly cause the 1300's were so hard to find. This is a great deal!

3. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    I've owned my SR1300 for 7 years. These are phenomenal basses!

4. DO THE DIRTY

DO THE DIRTY

Feb 6, 2017
    Cincinnati
    Yes! glad you all have had good experiences. I have had a great experience with this bass for the short amount of time that I've owned it but its time to let it go.

5. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    Open question to you all- what are the pickups like? Were they proprietary to Ibanez? Can anyone make a comparison to the current models like the Premium 1205?