SOLD 1995 Ken Smith BTG-5 Lacewood/Mahogany BIG headstock!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mindwell, Sep 23, 2017.

1. mindwell

mindwell

Aug 17, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    Price:
    Strings:
    Super cool, well-played 1995 Ken Smith BTG-5, in gorgeous Lacewood with the fabulous bigger headstock! Bass has older style narrower carve 5 piece body wings with Lacewood top, Mahogany core, Walnut (?) and Maple (?) accents, and five-piece neck with Morado board. This is a light Smith, not much more than 9 lbs, with solid neck and lots of resonance.

Electronics consist of the old-style 9v Ken Smith preamp, with volume, balance, Bass, Mid, and Treble cut and boost, and an active/passive push pull pot.

Pictures show this to be a well-used instrument, with the classic "slap wear" spot on the body below the G-string, mild oxidation to the gold hardware, and some fretwear and a bit of gunk on the board. One of the screw retainers on the control plate doesn't seat in the wood, and I cannot tell whether all the bridge saddle screws turn freely as I don't have the proper size Allen wrench on hand. Other than that and a bit of dirt in the pots, it works fine, trussrod turns freely, bass sounds great, and is good to go.

Comes with original Ken Smith leather/sheepskin strap. Selling options are as follows, payment through PayPal.

-$2800 for bass & strap + Hiscox Peardrop Lite Flite molded case shipped in CONUS
    -$2600 for bass & strap shipped in CONUS

International sales and shipping at my discretion. Buyer pays all fees, and actual value declared only.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021