1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1995 or 96 Vintage Series PBass thoughts?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nukebuick, Apr 26, 2019.

1. nukebuick

nukebuick

May 9, 2017
    I played a nice 95 (possibly 96) American Vintage Series PBass the other day. I can't seem to find out too much about them online (versus say, a Fullerton RI). It had a V-series serial number.

I thought it looked and felt very nice - pretty light as well.

Just curious if anyone has any opinions to share on these.

2. Was it a '57 or a '62 model?

The series are:
    - U.S. Vintage Series Fullerton (1982-84) 57, 62 models
    - U.S. Vintage Reissue Corona (1986-98) 57, 62 models
    - American Vintage Reissues Corona (1998-13) 57, 62 models
    - Pure Vintage Corona (2013-18) 58, 63 models
    - American Originals Corona (2018-today) 50s, 60s models

They are very consitent builds. All around 8-9lbs.
    American Vintage Reissue's - Show 'em if ya got 'em.

3. nukebuick

nukebuick

May 9, 2017
    Great - thanks for that info, FenderOil. The bass I tried looks like a U.S. Vintage Reissue Corona '62. 95 or 96 production.

Pretty sweet player. Feeling a bit of GAS ...

4. Any pics?
    Can't go wrong. Had a few. Still own one '82 P - do you still own that red Fullerton Jazz (avatar pic)?

5. nukebuick

nukebuick

May 9, 2017
    I did - and I played the very nice custom shop Jazz too (beside it in the photo). It's Oly White with rosewood and tort, and a little arm wear starting to show. A few dings, but the neck seemed very straight and clean.

I do still have that Fullerton Jazz - that and the 74 P beside it are the keepers ... well, the 77 P too. I don't really NEED another P, but I am thinking of attempting a guitar trade for it. Pehaps I can resist for a while longer.

FenderOli likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 11, 2021