1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1995 Peavey Forum-Black on Black-18v Active

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lmfreeman9, Aug 14, 2012.

1. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Born in the USA-Quality Peavey build from the mid 90's.

I got this as a partial trade, thinking it would be more Precision like. It's more modern than that. Brighter, with great highs and a kind of scooped sound.

The bass is in great condition and seems to have not been played much. Low action, flawless Jazz width neck, 2-9 volt batteries, 1 humbucking pickup just lower than center, only runs active, has bass and treble pots along with volume.

Comes with OHSC and a copy of the downloaded manual.

$175 plus actual shipping.

Photos: http://s1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc416/mfgroove27/Peavey Forum/

2. jbravo

jbravo

Jun 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    Suuuuuuweet!! Awesome and a great price! I wish I needed this a little more... Free bump...

3. lmfreeman9

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Actually I am liking it a bit more as it can cop a P sound.
    Just have too many basses.

4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Nice deal.

5. lmfreeman9

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    PM replied: 1 and 5/8 at the nut and 9lbs on the bathroom scale.

6. lmfreeman9

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    All PMs replied. Comes with OHSC!

7. lmfreeman9

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Bump

8. There are bunches of people on these boards that can tell you from first hand experience that these are quality American built basses. I have one of these and absolutely love it. You can't beat that price for such a solid instrument. These are also very hard to find because they were only made for a few years. Great sound, nice sustain, almost to never goes out of tune.

KILLER PRICE ON THIS BASS!!! It it was the five string, I'd be all over this. I'm still tempted to let the wife yell at me just for asking if I could have this one.

GLWTS

9. lmfreeman9

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    ANOTHER UNSOLICITED ENDORSEMENT!

Also, If I can ship with gig bag and the neck off, instead of OHSC. I will sell it for $175 shipped!

10. lmfreeman9

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    SOLD!

11. jthawken

jthawken

Aug 4, 2014
    Hey man, I have this exact same bass, and I've had it for like 13 years. over those years and being moved from place to place, the wiring has come totally undone. I know this thread is 2 years old, but is there any way (if you still have this bad boy) that you could unscrew the pickguard and snap off a few pics of how its all put together next time you change the strings? I would appreciate it SO MUCH!!