1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale/Trade 1995 WARWICK STREAMER STAGE I (SSI) 6 STRING - $2100 OBO

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MoonDoggy, Nov 5, 2017.

1. MoonDoggy

MoonDoggy Registered Loser Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    Price:
    Strings:
    1995 Warwick Streamer Stage I:

This beautiful blonde beast is from Warwick's 'golden era' long before they offered Asian made models. It is the Stage I model, which means it is the neck-thru Broadneck version offering 19-20mm spacing. Here's more specs:

- Condition: 7/10. No major dents, scratches, or gouges... It does have some dings and buckle rash, and the gold hardware is fading as is typical for instruments of this age.

- Scale: 34"
    - Spacing: 19-20mm (adjustable)
    - Woods: Solid flamed maple wings on that classic Spector curved body shape. 7-Piece flamed maple and bubinga(?) neck. Wenge fingerboard.
    - Hardware: gold (non-original knobs). Flush-mount strap locks.
    - Preamp: 3-band w/ push-pull active/passive. Appears to be original. Also, as typical with Warwicks, rear snap-in cover has difficulty staying on!
    - Pickups: Originally had Seymour Duncan Basslines. Previous owner switched out with new MEC soapbars.
    - Frets: I had them professionally replaced in late 2016 with proper pre-radiused frets purchased directly from Warwick in Germany. So they're at about 99.7% life! I also added those stick-on fret dots on the fretboard because I didn't like not having markers on the front. They come off with no residue. If you want them removed, let me know.
    - Nut: Original brass Adjust-a-nut.
    - Truss rod: Fully functional. (This is also the era when Warwick offered removable truss rods, which is a great feature if it ever strips and needs replaced.
    - Case: non-original beat up HSC. Could also offer gigbag in good condition. Includes factory truss rod tool and bees wax.

So what you're getting is a hard-to-find 34" scale 6 string with wide spacing (Less of a stretch than typical 35" scale, and Plenty of room for slap and pop!) as well as the coveted Warwick growl all in a package that you're not going to be afraid to gig with. It's not dead mint, but it's also far from being 'relic condition'. It's not all original, but it's also not heavily modified. It's the perfect combination!

Price includes shipping in the lower 48 States. I will ship internationally at an extra cost. Thanks for viewing.

Warwick Sreamer Stage II 6_1995_BDY FR-001.JPG

Warwick Sreamer Stage II 6_1995_BDY BK-001.JPG

Warwick Sreamer Stage II 6_1995_FR WHL-001.JPG
    Warwick Sreamer Stage II 6_1995_BK WHL-001.JPG
    Warwick Sreamer Stage II 6_1995_CRV-001.JPG
    Warwick Sreamer Stage II 6_1995_ANGL-001.JPG

Warwick Sreamer Stage II 6_1995_BRDG-001.JPG
    Warwick Sreamer Stage II 6_1995_DTL2-001.JPG
    Warwick Sreamer Stage II 6_1995_DTL3-001.JPG
    Warwick Sreamer Stage II 6_1995_HD FR-001.JPG
    Warwick Sreamer Stage II 6_1995_HD BK-001.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  2. That? Is a Stage I. Stage 2s had hidden neck thru, narrow spacing, and weren't available as 6ers unless a special order. The Stage 1s had the broadneck spacing. Killer bass, by the way. I have an old Stage 1 fretless 5.

TolerancEJ and bassbooty like this.
  3. MoonDoggy

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    Thanks for the info... I'll modify my original post.

It's even written on the truss rod cover! I'm dumb!

TolerancEJ likes this.
  4. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    WAY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. MoonDoggy

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    Now up for trades. Here's what I'm looking for:

- Greg Curbow (preferably 6 string XT33)
    - USA Spector NTs (4 or 6 string... my Spector 5 needs are covered!)
    - Yamaha Attitude LTD II 10th Anniversary model
    - Geoff Gould 6
    - Modulus Q6 post 1998 (prefer 1998-1999 w/ Lane Poors & truss rod)
    - LeFay 6
    - Tobias Basic or Classic 6
    - Tune 6 (Japanese only, preferably Zi-I or II)
    - Or maybe some other boutiques from Ken Bebensee, Ken Lawrence, Acacia, Bone, etc...

...Of course some of these may require additional cash.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    TolerancEJ likes this.
  6. MoonDoggy

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    Looking for feedback on the lack of interest in this bass... Is it the re-fret that is scaring anyone off? Priced too high?

No right or wrong opinions here, simply looking for some reasoning on why no one seems to be interested.

bass10bfb likes this.
  7. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Gold Supporting Member

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Hey brother.... I am a Warwick lover. I have owned around 25 altogether, I have 7 right now.
    My guess, and it's just a guess, is that it is a 6 String is the biggest issue for no interest... Just my opinion.. but I had trouble selling a few beautiful 6 strings I had. And being a broadneck, it's gonna take somebody really looking for a bass like this to pick it up...
    If I had the cash, I would buy it... It's a great looking bass and new frets too!!!!! Good luck with the sale brother!!!!

8. MoonDoggy

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    Good to know. Those features: 6 string in 34" scale with wide spacing were exactly what I was looking for in a bass. But I can see how that's not everyone's preference. I think having the extra strings and spacing is like having a bigger playground!

In my mind, a 90s Thumb NT6, Dolphin Pro 5, and SSI 6 were the holy grail of basses! I know letting this one go is going to be one of my few bass regrets. But I'll just wait it out for the right buyer.

bass10bfb likes this.
  9. JB820

JB820 Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Missouri
    64222AFE-87A9-4DCD-A9C1-496BA9AF1BD0. 1962BD0A-409B-493A-8C5A-B5BDC0053A7E. Would you be at all interested in a Yamaha TRB 6P? It’s original early 90’s model in good condition.

Attached Files:

10. MoonDoggy

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    I rocked an Identical TRB-6P for years! It was the orange dual truss rod model just like yours that I got with Bartolinis and then upgraded to the Lane Poor YAM6 pickups. I loved the feel, construction, playability, piezos, and flat fretboard. But I was never completely in love with the tone, mainly because I'm just not a single coil J guy. I appreciate the offer and that is a FANTASTIC bass, but I have to pass.

11. JB820

JB820 Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Missouri
    It’s a nice bass. Plays incredibly well. I appreciate the response.