1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1996 Fender MIA Jazz V (price drop $790 shipped)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rknox, Feb 4, 2016.

1. rknox

rknox Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Price:
    $790
    Strings:
    1996 Fender American Standard Jazz V
    50th Anniversary sticker (but this is not the 50th limited edition)
    Pau Ferro board
    Gotoh tuners
    String spacing adjustable (17-19mm)
    Dunlop Dual-design straplocks
    9.6lbs

I got this used in 1998 and played it a fair bit back then. It's been sitting in a case for years, so it's time to go. It's a great player with a BIG, deep sound. Very minimal fret wear (I must have had those leveled at some point). Some nicks in the finish (pictured) and some minor dents on the back of the neck that don't interfere with playing—to be honest, I didn't even know they were there until I gave it a look over.

$790 PayPal shipped to lower 48.

jazzv_2. jazzv_1. jazzv_3. jazzv_5. jazzv_7. jazzv_6. jazzv_8. jazzv_9.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  2. Worldingrey

Worldingrey

Feb 5, 2016
    Hello. How is the status? Like would it need any work? Also do you have any recordings?

3. rknox

rknox Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Hi! No work needed at all. Perfectly playable and sounds great. Currently set up for low action. Straight neck (I'm pretty sure this model has stiffening rods). Still plenty of truss rod left to play with.

I don't have any recordings of this one. Here's a YouTube vid of the same model (different year) which pretty much demonstrates what it sounds like flat and clean:

4. Michael B

Michael B

Dec 16, 2015
    Lowell, MA
    Oh man. Too broke but easy drive to pick it up. Good luck!

5. rknox

rknox Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2009
    New image. Oooooooooo...shiny.

Attached Files:

6. Hey rknox!

I'm potentially interested in buying this bass. Can you confirm that it is indeed 18mm string spacing at the bridge? I believe it is but would like to confirm.

Thanks,
    Alistair

7. rknox

rknox Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2009
    String spacing is indeed 18mm. You can fine-tune this, too, because each saddle has 5 slots to choose from. Original post edited to reflect this.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  8. Great, thanks a lot for your response. Just to be clear, the spacing at it's widest is 18 and can be adjusted to be smaller? Or at 18mm it can be adjusted to be larger or smaller? Sorry for getting into the nitty gritty of the measurements, but it's important.

9. rknox

rknox Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2009
    I was able to adjust string spacing from 17mm to 19mm. The overall measurement range was 68-76mm total from center of B and G strings.

10. PM sent.

11. rknox

rknox Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2009
    On hold