1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1996 Ibanez SR500 Needs some repairs

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by NMJuan, Apr 26, 2017.

1. NMJuan

NMJuan

Apr 26, 2017
    Hello everyone! I recently bought my first bass, it's an used 1996 Ibanez SR500. Thing has gone through a lot, but I like the charm that comes with its age. I wanna get it to tiptop shape.

bJ3J8vX.

Right now what I want to change the most is the ugly replacement bridge saddle that doesn't match the rest of them, or just replace the entire bridge, I don't know what's up with those scratched screws.

ByEnV6V.
    LEOp52D.

The other main issue is the bridge pickup, it has no give. I'm out of town so I don't have the tools with me to see if it's just a lack of foam or something else, but the screws are obviously not from factory, and it doesn't seem like they can adjust height very well.

oEFKEiH.

Any help or advice is appreciated. Cheers!

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Halethorpe, MD
    You can get replacement saddles like these
    0025B. here:
    Guitar Parts Factory - Bass Saddles
    They're available in chrome too. It sounds to me like you already have a handle on the pickup problem. For new pickup screws, try a hobby shop.

3. NMJuan

NMJuan

Apr 26, 2017
    Yo thanks! Would any of them work? I read most of them say "For Fender Bass Bridges"

4. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Halethorpe, MD
    Unless you have unusual string spacing, I expect any of the round saddles will work. The 'threaded' ones (not available in black) will give you the most flexibility.
    BP-2125-001.