1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1996 Kai Johan Arvi bass with extension

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by bassistvp, May 28, 2005.

1. Double bass by Kai Johan Arvi 1996 in perfect condition ~ no cracks or repairs. His basses are going for upwards of $19k US Dollars new. This has been played professionally for almost 10 years and is well broken in. The sound is substantially developed and is much deeper than when new. The sound carries very well and is set up nicely for orchestral work. The low C extension is of the highest quality, custom fit with no damage to the bass. It has individual stops on each note that close easily with one hand and do not slip. The value of the extension is $2,500.00. I have used this bass to win auditions and play in Seattle area professional orchestras, as well as movie soundtrack recording sessions.

I am selling to facilitate purchase and restoration of an old bass. This instrument will win any major job if played well. It will hold its own in any orchestra. I will not ship for trial without deposit. Price of $17,990.00 US Dollars includes custom cover valued at $500 and C Extension valued at $2500. The strings are new.

Email me any questions and I can send photos.

2. ......love to get a look at this beauty please - any pics?