Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1996 MIM Fender Jazz Pickguard Tracing?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NoNoise, Apr 13, 2005.

1. NoNoise

NoNoise Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    Hey everyone,

I have a 1996 MIM Fender Jazz that came with the "big" pickguard (control plate portion was part of pickguard). A few years back, I cut out the control plate portion, because I didn't like the look, but now I'm looking to put another pickguard on it like the original (only I want tort not white). I know WD (pickguards.com) sells this, but I emailed them and they said they need a tracing, because the pickguards varied from year to year or something like that. So, I was wondering if anyone out there either a.) could trace their 1996 MIM Jazz pickguard for some cash or b.) sell me their pickguard for cheap :smug:

...of course, if you just wanted to be nice, I would also accept a tracing for free, but I know that it does take some time, so I won't be offended if you need some compensation. Thanks!

P.S. I didn't put this is the Classifieds, because it is not exactly a "want to buy"- that's just one option :D