1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1996 Musicman Sterling, rare finish

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Mental Octopus, May 5, 2010.

1. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    I have a 1996 Sterling finished in Natural Velvet (quite rare I'm told), which feels more satin-like than gloss. The bass definitely shows some wear and tear. Several little dings here and there, some chipping on the underside of the body - pretty much what you would expect from a 12 year old bass that's been played hard. There's cigarette burns on the headstock. The pickup pole pieces show some rust, but of course that doesn't affect sound.

About 2 years ago it was sent to the EB factory for a full refret, neck refinish, and a new battery box (I have the invoice to prove it). Since then, I haven't used it that much and I haven't gigged with it. The bass works and plays absolutely perfect - it feels so nice and broken in, but sets up and plays just like a fresh bass from the factory. Beautiful birdseye on the neck and nice woodgrain on the body, pictures don't do it justice. It weighs 8.5 lbs and is currently wearing some d'addario flats.

Only looking to move this because I am after a different sound and more comfortable on shorter scales.

sold

IMG_0734.

IMG_0730.

IMG_0731.

IMG_0732.

IMG_0733.

2. Any interest in a beautiful Candy Apple Red Lakland Duck Dunn?

3. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    no but thanks for the offer,

bump!

4. Slapped

Slapped

Jan 23, 2006
    Queens, New York
    Any interest in a fretless 5 string ESP (not LTD)?

5. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    no thanks

6. Jlinnell7

Jlinnell7 Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2008
    New Orleans
    trade for Warwick in sig? pm me plz!!

7. JessRobinson

JessRobinson

Dec 29, 2004
    Fairfax, VA
    Good call on keeping it. I have an early Sterling just like yours and it's defintiely a keeper.

8. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    price adjustment, this is the lowest i will go.