1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1996 Warwick Fortress Masterman

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by acid bass, Dec 12, 2018.

1. acid bass

acid bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Price:
    Strings:
    $850, free shipping to continental US.

Time to thin the herd. I've got a 4-string Masterman up for sale. As the saying goes, it's a "player's bass." I've tried to capture the most serious dings/nicks. All are cosmetic and the bass is in good working order. Straplocks included. Comes with hardshell case in the pics.

Edit: In case you didn't notice, the truss plate is missing. Replacement can be found at the Bass Place or other online retailers.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    AudioTaper, Gfkfloyd, sko1270 and 5 others like this.
  2. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Ugh. Someone buy me this for Christmas!!!

acid bass and bass10bfb like this.
  3. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Gold Supporting Member

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    No me!!!!!!!!! Lol

acid bass likes this.
  4. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Gold Supporting Member

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Beautiful bass brother!!!

acid bass likes this.
  5. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    I have a 96 Masterman as well. Terrific Bass! Someone will be real happy with this! Fastest neck I've ever played!

acid bass likes this.
  6. Cool bass. Nice color. Weight???

acid bass likes this.
  7. acid bass

Apr 2, 2010
    Based on the highly accurate stand-on-the-scale-with-the-bass method, a shade under 9 lbs.

8. I have a 95 in the honey amber finish. Owned it for yearly 20 years and NEVER getting rid of it. Such a great bass.

acid bass likes this.
  9. acid bass

Apr 2, 2010
    Get your first bass of 2019 right here folks!

PaulYeah likes this.
  10. acid bass

Apr 2, 2010
    Alright, price drop for you good folks. Come and get it!

11. Komadinic

Komadinic

Feb 28, 2018
    Hi, I am new to the forum and fairly new to basses in general honesly. I use a 87 patriot by peavey but it's in a fairly bad condition and I'd like to buy something nice so that i can further improve my knowledge of the instrument. If you take all of this in consideration would you say this bass would be good for me? If by chance i end up going in another direction and stop playing could i sell it for similar money down the road? Sorry for a dumb question i just think you guys are more knowledgeable and could help a fellow out. Thanks lads

acid bass likes this.
  12. acid bass

Apr 2, 2010
    I'll try to be as thorough as I can without being too longwinded.

You can get multiple flavors of Warwicks. The HQ is in Germany and the top-line basses are made there. They carry a good reputation for quality. The Rockbass series are made in China and also have a decent reputation, though most will agree that the German Warwicks are superior. This particular bass is not only German, but discontinued. You will not find a new Masterman out in the wild and they actually don't make Fortress basses in Germany anymore, you can only get Rockbasses new. That makes it somewhat rare and you will find Mastermans go for more money than something like a Fortress One or Fortress R&B.

Whether this is a good bass for you is near impossible to answer. It's an upgrade over the Patriot. The electronics and woods are excellent quality and the Fortress is very ergonomic due to the long upper strap horn holding it in a good position. The big complaint about Warwicks is the neck size; they're big. That will certainly be an adjustment from the Patriot, although I switched from Ibanez and am now playing 3 hr gigs on my Warwick without issue (even play Billie Jean on it!) My hand did cramp at first, but once I got used to it I was fine.

Warwicks are a bit of a niche brand IMO. They're recognized as good quality instruments but they don't have nearly the same following as Fender or Musicman (few brands do though). Consequently, selling them can be a bit more work than something like a J-bass or a Stingray. You'll find someone (I always have), but it requires patience. I can't talk price in too much detail, but I will say that there's been a recent influx of Masterman basses into the used market over the past year and that's affected the price. If you look on Reverb you can choose to look at what Mastermans have sold for over the past few years. It'll give you an idea of what part of the cycle you're in now and what you can expect as far as resale.

PM me if you'd like to chat in more detail, happy to help however I can.

Komadinic likes this.
  13. Komadinic

Komadinic

Feb 28, 2018

Thanks for the thorough response, I'm trying to figure out what i should buy because I'm not sure but i do appreciate your positive response and kind words! Will let you know if i decide to buy that bad boy. Take care and thanks again

acid bass likes this.