Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1997 MIA Fender Active Deluxe V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kenbuntu, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    Hey guys, there is this guy who is willing to trade me this bass for my Ibanez SR400, and i think thats a pretty good deal, But id like some feedback from anyone else who has this bass.

Heres the site where i found it at : http://toronto.craigslist.org/msg/120917696.html

1. How is the neck. I got pretty small fingers would this be OK?
    2. What colour pickguard should i get. ( The pickguard is fine its just that the greens not that of a nice green. Maybe a balck one would do some good?)
    3. if anyone here has some pics of the same bass wiht the same colour but different pg colour, id appreciate if you guys could post them.

Thanks in advance

Ken

2. How much did you pay for your SR400? I think you might be ropping off the other guy, and man thats not cool. You hsould be the man in this deal and offer him something else aswell. Why would you want to trade out the pickguard, my buddy has one and it looks stunning, any other pickguard would look like hell, especially black.

3. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Thats a sweet deal...he must just really want that Ibanez! I wouldn't change the pickguard on that bass - I can't see another color looking better.

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I'd say if he's willing to do that deal you'd better check the Fender over Reeeaaall good before trading him. I'd check for a broken truss rod first thing.

5. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    Yeah i know im sort of ripping him off because my ibanez is worth like 1 thirid of that price but it was made in 1997 soo im not sure what the current price woudl be.

I spend 725 (CAD) for my sr400 and that includes the bass, the case(hard shell) a strap and a patch cord. Im only giving him the case with the bass because thats what hes giving me.

Oh yeah
    1 more question, the colour in the pic on the site, is that how it looks in real life or is it a bit darker?

6. Sitting here with the bass beside me, yes it is my sale from craigslist, It looks pretty much just like the colour in the pic, if not a little lighter.

7. his Jazz appears to be a mim, to me. did he post the serial #?
    i thought mia 5's had the fifth tuner on the bottom side of the head. i could be wrong but, it doesn't make since. fraud alert!!:cool:

the earliest American Deluxe Jazz V Bass i find is 1998. you need a good photo of the serial #. why would someone trade a $800 bass for a $300 bass??????beware.

8. I have a 97 American Deluxe (4 string), beautiful bass. I paid it 1000 CAD, used, a couple years back. New, they went for upwards of 1700$. I'd be a bit suspicious, so give the bass a good one-over and make sure all is well with it.

9. i have a Peavey Millenium, wanna' trade? jk. lol
    :cool:

but, really. thats a very nice bass and it should always be worth at least, what you paid for it.

10. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    Hey freespirit so you're the guy selling it? lol. Can You send over some pics to my email? And im giving you the bass and the case what else woudl you like? And is there anything wrong with the bass??

Remember this bass is like five months old with practically no wear. Its in perfect doncition.

Plz get back to me soon.