1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1997 MIC P bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by magic8161, Jun 4, 2012.

1. magic8161

magic8161 Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
  2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

For $95 it is about appropriate, but that isn't even a Squier, it is a Squier Affinity, Squier's version of Squier. That is the bass you get with those "stop dreaming start playing" packs with an amp and such. Retail new is around $175 for the bass alone.

In my experience late 90s-early 00 Squier Affinity are some of the worst examples. I have flipped a bunch of Squiers from early 90's to about 2010, the current ones are by far the best. Fender started shielding (piss poorly but something at least) around 2006-7ish and that is when I found their electronic quality picked up, but I am no pro.

3. magic8161

magic8161 Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
    Yeah he said it was a 97 and i was just wondering why the 3 ply pickguard and such. the guy would take $75 for it but i think ill pass if its that bad.