1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1997 Mike Lull v4 jazz bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by joebar, Jun 10, 2012.

1. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    transparent wine over one piece swamp ash body
    antique white pearloid PG
    maple neck with brazilian rosewood fingerboard.
    neck profile between a P and a J neck
    34 inch scale-21 frets
    passive electronics
    lindy fralin PU`s
    serial number 218-i contacted Lull and they said this was one of Mike`s earliest builds (he started producing basses for the public in 1997); according to that serial number everything is original as it left his shop. the fingerboard was a $500 upgrade to the person who ordered this bass.
    9.4 pounds

this bass has very little wear and tear for a fifteen year old specimen. i bought it locally around 6 months ago and haven`t even gigged it. it sounds just like a jazz should
    i went on a spending spree acquiring basses this past winter and now i am liquidating some of them to possibly fund another purchase.
    this bass has one small ding on the back of the body and that is about it,otherwise, very nice condition indeed.
    very low action, straight neck
    it comes with a generic gig bag that i originally got it in.

i am in vancouver b.c. and i am very close to the U.S. border. i can easily cross the line and ship from the U.S to any potential american buyers; i have sold basses in this fashion before and it is advantageous to U.S. TBers.
    PM me for details.
    obviously a local sale would be preferred but i realize a larger audience is neccessary especially with higher end instruments
    i have made three transactions on here; two sales and one purchase. only one buyer was able to feedback due to me closing the thread down faster than they could respond-they are willing to be a reference. still learning...

i am asking $1450 and i will ship it on my dime to the conus.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      212.3 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      212.5 KB
      Views:
  2. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    here is a snapshot of the ding on the back...

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      178.3 KB
      Views:
  3. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    i should also mention that this bass predated Mike Lull owning a PLEK machine and he said that this bass is eligible for a half-price PLEK in the future from his shop.(not that it needs it...)

4. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    more pics...

Attached Files:

• 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      98.6 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG