SOLD 1997 Modulus Quantum 5 - Red Quilted Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by shrap, May 1, 2018.

1. shrap

shrap

Feb 14, 2007
    Montreal, Canada
    Price:
    $1750
    Strings:
    This bass has a beautiful red quilted top. The 35'' scale bolt-on neck is made from weaved graphite, has no truss-rod and is super stable. The spacing is 47mm at the nut and 70mm at the 24th fret. String spacing at the nut 11mm and 15mm at the 24th fret and 19mm at the Bridge. Overall the bass is in great condition with no major dings and still has some protective plastic backing between the pickups and underneath the lower wing. Schaller type strap-locks (I will include the matching strap locks. Original Modulus molded fitted case.

EMG Pickups.

The original owner of this bass had it modified in 1997 by Michel Fournel of Lutherie MF in Montreal, Canada. A 18V active pre-amp by Richard McClish, rmcpickup.com was installed to replace the EMG 3 band EQ and the bridge was filed to allow quick release of the strings when in a gig situation.

There is a bypass switch for the pre-amp that allows for passive use and an off-on switch. The pre-amp itself is very powerful and will produce very glassy highs at the expense of some hiss. I used the bass mostly for gigs and found that I used the pre-amp bass and mid set at about 50% to 75% and the high at about 10%.

The bass also has a dual intensity red Fret FX side dot led strip. This installation can be reversed without any harm to the instrument.

Price is in USD and I take PayPal and includes shipping anywhere in Canada and USA lower 48. If you are somewhere else I will charge whatever extra it will cost me to ship at cost depending on your location. Bass and case will be packed in a proper box tracked and insured.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  2. shrap

shrap

Feb 14, 2007
    Montreal, Canada
    Price lowered $1,900 to $1,800 shipped.

3. shrap

shrap

Feb 14, 2007
    Montreal, Canada
    Price lowered $1,750 shipped. Last price drop.

4. mflatau

mflatau

Aug 19, 2008
    How does the sound compare to a stock modulus?

5. shrap

shrap

Feb 14, 2007
    Montreal, Canada
    I would not know as I do not have one to compare.

6. kshipley1

kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Knoxville
    Hi, is this still available? If so, do you have the weight?

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021