1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1997 Squier Pro Tone PJ Precision Bass - Rare

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cm3ohana, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cm3ohana

cm3ohana Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2005
    I hate to get rid of this bass since they don't come along that often and it's a great playing and sounding bass. However, I have two PJ's right now and only need one. I have a MIA PJ and this Protone. Believe it or not, it has taken me several weeks to decide which to let go. It's got scratches and nicks that a 15 year old bass would normally come with but from about 3-5 feet away you can't tell. It's all stock and plays great. Action is low but not super low and no buzzing. It's currently strung with DR Sunbeams (45's). I got this in a trade so I had to do some research to determine a reasonable price and since they don't come up that often, I've only found a few examples but they're all nearly around the same price. Based upon my research, a fair and reasonable price is $275 shipped CONUS. I prefer not to ship international. It will ship in a soft case/gig bag. SOLD

SquierProTone1_zps5972ddb5.
    SquierProTone2_zpsb3c15020.
    SquierProTone3_zpsc9af6106.
    SquierProTone4_zpscd5249c7.
    SquierProTone5_zpsedc86357.

2. Reaper Man

Reaper Man

Jan 15, 2010
    MA
    If you'll let me, I call dibs. Have to check with the wife, but I'm 99%

3. cm3ohana

Aug 1, 2005
    Reaper Man, you're first in line and I'll wait to hear back from you before I do anything else.

4. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    From what I've heard about these, that seems like a great price. I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling.

5. lbbc

lbbc Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Seaford , DE
    If Reaper Man doesn't buy it, please let me know!!! I'll be next in line (if that's ok)

6. cm3ohana

Aug 1, 2005
    The Art Guy, thanks for the endorsement.

Ibbc, I've got you down as next in line.

7. cm3ohana

Aug 1, 2005
    Sold....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.