Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1997 Tobias Classic Five, curly maple top

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Giraffe, Jul 26, 2004.

1. I am selling this bass as part of a major downsizing program. It is a Gibson-era Tobias Classic Five in near mint condition. I can't find a flaw on it, but someone else might be able to, so near mint is what I will stake my life on. This is an eye-popping bass with a punchy attack and a versatile range of tones. It plays remarkably well, and it doesn't exhibit any of the quality control problems that these basses sometimes did.

Five piece maple/purpleheart asymetrical neck
    Twenty-four fret pau ferro fingerboard
    Curly maple/wenge/walnut body wings
    Bartolini pickups and three-band preamp
    Black hardware
    High gloss lacquer finish
    Original hard shell case

I will sell this bass for $1,500 plus shipping. I am not looking for a trade, but if you had an R Bass, or a wonderful head and cash, I might be convinced!

2. Not the Tobias..... I have played this bass and it is sweet. Someone will be happy.

3. I will pay the UPS ground to the lower forty-eight!

4. Amspoon, I can't get figure out how to respond to your message because your incoming is blocked or something.

5. Hey man - will you ship to Australia?

6. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Is this still available? If so, please PM me. :)