SOLD 1997 Warwick Corvette 6 - MINT AS THEY GET!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sleevey55, Aug 21, 2018.

1. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Price:
    Strings:
    I have been delaying this for awhile now. Ive bought some other basses and so the story goes. As you can easily see, this bass looks immaculate. Some very very light swirling around the knobs which you cant see unless you hold it just right. Other than that its in AMAZING shape as the pics show. Also most all of you regulars know my reputation as a solid buyer and seller and my instruments are always in top notch condition, this bass here is no exception. I put brand new black hardware on it as I like the look of the black better than the stock chrome, but note that the chrome is mint still too and will come with the bass, along with the Warwick straplocks and a strap. Action is low and neck is straight. This bass has incredible sustain and the 2 band pre amp is very versatile. The SD Bassline pickups are also a welcome sound on these basses. I prefer as do many these pickups over the MEC brand. The bass balances perfectly and the all Wenge neck is smooth and very comfortable for a 6 string. I will ship the bass in the pictured HSC or in a deluxe gig bag, buyers choice. Look at the logos on the pickups....they look new and so do the frets. This bass has seen little action all these years which is a shame as its such a wonderful feeling and sounding instrument. All German made 1997 " Custom Shop" as they call them now, not overseas or Pro series, shes an all German bloodlines Warwick. I ship Fed Ex ground or will hurry it at your expense. You will not find one of these in this shape again, I am certain of it. She weighs in at 10.8 on my digital bathroom scale and has the standard Warwick string spacing, not the broadneck spacing. I will be sad to see this go but happy if it doesnt really, its a money vs timing thing. If it sits here for too long Ill hopefully be able to catch up and pull the ad. Asking a very very fair $1000 shipped CONUS. I have discounted the price on this as I had a buyer on here ask about the truss rod. It works as it should but is firm in both directions, but it does work properly. The neck as it is now has slight relief as it should, with the strings completely loose the neck is 100% flat with just a hair of back bow. As I stated before, the action is low and the neck is straight. I have never needed to move the truss rod, the neck is solid and stays put. I can assure you that this bass is 100% and the neck is just fine. However, if you want a completely flat neck to play on with no relief, then this bass wont work for you. if you want slight relief, which is correct, then take her home, you will love her!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  2. bearhart74

bearhart74 Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2009
    you might want to post it here.. Bass Arena
    its a forum for warwick lovers

sleevey55 likes this.
  3. sleevey55

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    I thought about putting it there as well.....thanks friend!!!

4. sleevey55

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Just put brand new DR Pure Blues on it also, 125-30

5. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    ooof. that's the year of the one that walked off after a gig many years ago... black looks SO good on it. I don't need a 6 I don't need a 6 i don't need a 6.

Someone buy this from Sleevey... he's the best TB'er there is... his deals and his gear are top notch... this is a killer 6 for someone that needs one.

I don't need a 6 I don't need a 6 I don't need a 6 i don't need a 6.

sleevey55 likes this.
  6. sleevey55

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Thanks buddy!!!!!! You take care!

OnederTone likes this.
  7. Zbass82

Zbass82 Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Pennsylvania
    Awesome bass!! Verrrrry tempting! 34" correct?

8. sleevey55

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Yes 34" scale.......I pulled the ad for now. I played it this evening and Im uncertain now about selling it. Its a killer bass!

9. Zbass82

Mar 31, 2018
    Pennsylvania
    Understandable...been doing the same thing with a Spector Forte 4 I have.

sleevey55 likes this.
  10. sleevey55

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Here’s more pics of her.....

Attached Files:

TolerancEJ likes this.
  11. sleevey55

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    And sold!!!!

12. Zbass82

Mar 31, 2018
    Pennsylvania
    Man wish I would have bought this! If whoever did buy it ever wants to let it go let me know

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021