1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1998 Custom Warrior Signature 6 -

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by WalWarrior, Jun 24, 2014.

1. WalWarrior

WalWarrior Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    Price:
    Strings:
    DSC_0320_02.JPG DSC_0322_02.JPG DSC_0323_01.JPG DSC_0324_01.JPG DSC_0456_02.JPG DSC_0329_02.JPG DSC_0320_02.JPG
    For Sale ONLY - $2900.00 -This is a beautiful custom Warrior 6. 18V system, quilted maple top, mahogany body, once piece neck with purple heart stringer, solid piece lament, custom machine heads, gold hardware with MOP sword inlay and controls inlay. Through body stringing on B and E strings. Neutrik jack system. An absolute tone monster! Plays like a dream! For sale only, need to thin the herd. Thanks for looking.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  2. warrior5st

warrior5st

Oct 12, 2013
    Great bass. I used to have one exactly like this but a 5 string. excellent tone.

3. mark lloyd

mark lloyd Gold Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2005
    Macon,Ga
    Love to have that in a 5!!!

4. WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    She's awesome, step up to a six. You won't regret it!

5. mark lloyd

mark lloyd Gold Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2005
    Macon,Ga
    Been there done that for awhile played all 6 moved down to 5 cool with it!!!

6. datsaxguy

datsaxguy

Oct 28, 2008
    Maryland
    How much?

7. bThumper38

bThumper38 brian ebert

Great Era for warrior basses, I used to own #247, a 6-string as well, great bass. (GLWS).;)

WalWarrior likes this.
  8. Randyt

Randyt RAAPT Custom Wood Productions

Jul 21, 2010
    Barrie, Canada
    what is the string spacing?

9. WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    Very comfortable spacing. I measured what looks to be 18MM at the bridge. Thanks.

10. mybassistight

mybassistight

Mar 20, 2008
    Maryland
    A Tight Bass = A Tight Groove
    Damn.

11. Dec_BassManMiers

Dec_BassManMiers

Sep 30, 2014
    used to have a warrior Isabella 5 string...loved it! beautiful basses that don't get enough recognition for their masterpieces! good luck selling this monster

12. WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    Thanks DEC - This bass is truly fantastic!

Dec_BassManMiers likes this.
  13. funkyjudge

funkyjudge Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Good lawdy .... that 6-string is so similar-looking to my Warrior DM Custom 5-string that it is scary (same woods, same neck-through construction, very similar fingerboard inlays, although mine also has MOP binding). Dare I ask -- how heavy is this 6-string?

14. WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    Actually it is very light for this tone monster. My bathroom digital scale reads 10.0 lbs - Correction, scale incorrect. this bass is 9.0 lbs.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  15. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Yikes .... that's still pretty heavy for my twice surgically-repaired left shoulder! My two Warrior 5-strings (the DM Custom neck-through and a 5-string Isabella) are both below 8.4 lbs. -- the Isabella is between 7.5 and 8 lbs. and the DM is 8.4 lbs.

16. WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    And they are the same type of woods? One extra string spacing in material wouldn't account for that. Neck, Bridge, nut, extra machine head etc - Perhaps the scale is wrong. At any rate, a nice wide comfy strap disperses the weight anyway...I doubt most people would even notice. (Unless of course you have a surgically repaired 2x over left shoulder...OUCH!) That being the case, perhaps this bass would be for you if you played her a few tunes a set or sat on a stool. She sure is awesome though, weight never bothered me one bit. Thanks for the inquiry - take care- DM

17. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA

Yep ... Mahogany body with a walnut/purpleheart/walnut neck-through -- mine has spalted walnut veneer (only about 1/8" thick) over the mahogany body wings, while yours appears to have quilted maple veneer on the top wings. I would still love to have that bass of yours, but I just sold a Stambaugh 6-string neck-through singlecut that was just about 9 lbs. because it was uncomfortable to play for extended periods of time (and I used a super-wide strap with it). I'm gonna have to give this one some serious thought!

Doug

18. WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    She's here waiting for you Doug - sitting next to your 5 on stage would look badass! Take care - Dennis

19. WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    This is a Killer 6 that needs to be played. She's waiting for a new home!

20. WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    And Sold! This killer bass will be rocking Houston, TX next week!