1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1998 FENDER Deluxe Active 5 string Jazz Bass (MIM)-exc cond.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by road-cat1, Dec 1, 2017.

1. road-cat1

road-cat1 Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Price:
    Strings:
    I am selling my 1998 Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass 5 string (MIM). I have 2 of these basses in similar vintage (within a year apart) and decided to let one of them go to fund a new bass purchase. The bass looks and plays perfectly. NO issues….neck is straight, truss rod works fine, electronics work perfectly with no noise issues, etc…

For the age of the bass, it could almost be sold as a new instrument. Unbelievable that is is almost 20 years old. There is minimal amount of surface scratches or rub marks. AND IT IS LIGHTWEIGHT. A shade over 9 pounds on my digital postal scale. It will come with a great SKB hard case which will also add protection in shipping.

Not only a great playing and sounding bass, but it is a true collectable. If you are not familiar with the 1997-2000 Fender Deluxe basses, during these years John Suhr was in charge of design. He used his pickups and electronic designs during these years only. The pickups are large single pole (not the double pole that is post and prior to these production years). The electronics are great. Bass, mid and treble boost and cut. The sound quality from these era basses are slightly more aggressive than the typical Fender Jazz basses. The high end is crisp and well defined with plenty of harmonics from the strings unless you back off (cut) the treble on the controls.

$650 will get this bass delivered to your door in the CONUS. Paypal is fine.

small file. P1020096. P1020095. P1020099. P1020097. P1020098. P1020098. P1020100.