1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1998 PEAVEY CIRRUS 4 FLAMED / CLARO WALNUT - 1st Year Cirrus ! EXC COND !!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mb94952, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Supporting Member

Wow, say it ain't so ! Another PEAVEY CIRRUS 4 from my own private reserve, because I only stop for the BEST ( partial RUSH quote ... )

- 1998 PEAVEY CIRRUS 4 flamed walnut or claro walnut. It doesn't quite have the marble look that claro has, and there is DEFINITELY flame, so ...
    - 35" scale neck , 1.5" wide nut
    - Walnut body and neck with maple stringers for some midrange tone to cut through
    - Carbon Fiber Graphite reinforced neck and headstock cover
    - Pao Ferro fretboard - Blossoming tone ! Simply amazing
    - 18v active preamp with 3 band active EQ
    - Volume, Blend w/ detent, Bass, Treble, Mid Boost and Cut
    - Two Peavey VFL soapbar pickups
    - Dead quiet, studio ready bass sound and tone
    - New Ernie Ball Super Slinky's 40-100 bass strings
    - 100% made in USA

Action is UBER low, ZERO dead spots or fret noise. Frets are like new. Fretboard is CLEAN ! Slap and finger MONSTER

Plays better than most any boutique bass five times it's price. In my opinion, the Cirrus is THE best playing bass on the market.

The tone of this bass is dark. The EQ allows you to add sparkle, zing, mids, and super lows, but overall it is a darker sounding bass. It CUTS like a knife through the mix and has a distinct, yet warm growl. Perfect for any kind of music. It sits in the mix perfectly. Peavey SO got it right with this bass.

Since this is such a gem, I am asking $960 shipped.

It may seem like a lot, but considering what these are going for now, and this is a first year run, it's worth it. Comes with case

1998PeaveyCirrusWalnut001.gif
    1998PeaveyCirrusWalnut004.gif
    1998PeaveyCirrusWalnut007.gif
    1998PeaveyCirrusWalnut008.gif
    1998PeaveyCirrusWalnut009.gif
    1998PeaveyCirrusWalnut010.gif
    1998PeaveyCirrusWalnut011.gif
    1998PeaveyCirrusWalnut013.gif
    1998PeaveyCirrusWalnut016.gif
    1998PeaveyCirrusWalnut017.gif
    1998PeaveyCirrusWalnut018.gif
    1998PeaveyCirrusWalnut014.gif

2. ajish4

ajish4

Dec 19, 2003
    Stuart, FL
    OMG.

One of these days..............................................................I will get one BUMP! :)

3. mb94952

I just took this bass to band practice tonight, which happened to be in a church on stage with nobody there, of course. Wow, I had no idea how cool churches sound !!!

Anyway, this Cirrus probably cuts through better than ANY of my Cirrus's. It is thick and growly, unlike my bubinga, which can sound thin, but very Wal-ish (definitely a GOOD thing !!) . Almost transparent, for a lack of a better word.

Anyway, I am so upset that I have no money and I need to sell a Cirrus.

I really hate this. The ONLY reason I picked this one is because it has the least sentimental value of them all.

I think between this Cirrus and my 2002 flamed, I am really set, but I want to keep them all . GOSH !!!

4. ShenmueTacos

ShenmueTacos

May 22, 2009
    Virginia
    You always have the prettiest Peaveys!

Free bump!

5. mb94952

Thank you !!! I hold for the best. I am so grateful to get them. I do not take it for granted at all.

6. mb94952

SOLD ...

Cash down payment received from fellow TB'er.

7. bass_lord_mutha

bass_lord_mutha Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2006
    Odessa, TX
    DOh!

Gorgeous bass, the world need more Cirrus basses!

8. WOW, Finally another Claro Walnut! I have the same bass... exactly (see my profile pic). This has been my go-to bass for the last 5 years. One of the most stable basses in the planet. I never have to do a set up on it. I think it's been 4 years since I toughted the truss rod on it. I can leave it in the car over the weekend, in any weather, and I doubt it will even be out of tune.

I can't say enought good things about this bass. Whoever is buying it is getting a real gem!

9. mb94952

I agree 100% with the last two posts !!

- The world does need more Cirrus's
    - This claro Cirrus is killer, and it was VERY painful to let go, but I have to be practical with my Cirrus's...

10. mb94952

Met with buyer today and received balance. This bass has gone to another happy home.

Officially now SOLD ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.