1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1998 Pedulla Buzz AA Flamed Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MapleBurl, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MapleBurl

MapleBurl Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2010
    San Rafael, CA
    I am the original owner, having custom ordered this Pedulla Buzz bass in 1998. It has the Bartolini active PJ configuration with Volume, Pan, Treble and Bass knobs. The body is AA flamed maple. It weighs about 9 lbs according to my very lousy bathroom scale, and the Pedulla website says the new ones weigh between 9 and 10 lbs. 34" scale, string spacing at the bridge is adjustable (I have it set a hair under 20mm) and about 10mm at the nut.

If you're not familiar with these basses, the neck-through construction in combination with a unique polyester finish on an ebony fretboard give it great sustain and outstanding mwah and growl. Put a set of roundwounds on and you can make it sound just like a piano. You can get the Jaco tone when soloing the bridge pickup, or even go woody and warm soloing the neck pickup. The construction is solid and flawless.

The bass is in excellent but not mint condition. It has some buckle rash on the back that you will not see unless you hold it up to the light just right. The fretboard finish is slightly scuffed under the strings, but it doesn't affect the tone or the unbelievable “mwah” that gave these basses their name. Also, the pickup screws are rusted on top. I guarantee you won't be disappointed with the condition.

It comes with the owners manual, truss rod adjustment tool, and original hardshell case which is also in excellent condition. The case has a ½" ding in the vinyl where the wood shows through.

The new price for a Buzz like this is $4695. I’m asking [del]$2000[/del] [del]$1850[/del] $1700, shipped CONUS.

More pics at http://s1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/pbwaving/

Attached Files:

2. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    So many basses I want pop up when I'm broke:bawl:

Free bump for a GORGEOUS Pedulla!

3. MapleBurl

Aug 22, 2010
    San Rafael, CA
    Thanks for the bump. Every time I get on this site I want to buy about 20 basses. Now I need to sell some of my babies.

4. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I don't mean to be a Butthead but I hope you don't get a buyer for about a month. Lol.

For purely selfish reasons of course!

But seriously another bump for one of the absolute prettiest Pedulla's I've come across.

5. MapleBurl

Aug 22, 2010
    San Rafael, CA
    bump...still available

6. ccbass71

ccbass71 Supporting Member

Very nice! Too bad I don't have 2K

7. MapleBurl

Aug 22, 2010
    San Rafael, CA
    Price drop to $1850

8. MapleBurl

Aug 22, 2010
    San Rafael, CA
    PM's replied

9. MapleBurl

Aug 22, 2010
    San Rafael, CA
    Added string spacing.

10. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    Um... This. lol

11. MapleBurl

Aug 22, 2010
    San Rafael, CA
    Price drop

12. Such a beautiful bass. You have no idea how much I want this, but I also want to keep my lady around. If you're ever interested in trades for a 5 string fretless stingray let me know. Otherwise, someone is going to be very happy when they get this. Very happy.

13. How is 1850 a price drop from orig. ask @ 1700?

14. chris1125

chris1125

May 14, 2007
    He was originally asking more then he price dropped to 1850 and then 1700 and just changed the price on the original post. It's helpful to keep the old prices too, anyways awesome bass! Free bump for ya!

15. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Nice Garz Cobra in your avatar!!!

16. MapleBurl

Aug 22, 2010
    San Rafael, CA
    Hey Mark...good eye! I have two other Garz Cobras. You can see the 6-string in his main facebook photo and I think he told me he has a picture of the fretless there, too. In fact, it's the fretless he made for me which finally made me decide to give up my cherished buzz.

He's building a semi-hollowbody for me now!

17. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Nice! We just started talking about a 4 string cobra...if the fretless 4 he sent me pictures of is yours, I am JEALOUS!!! That's what I am basing my build off of. I think I'm gonna go with a Redwood Burl top.

Sorry to derail your FS thread (but hey, it's a bump for ya)...

18. MapleBurl

Aug 22, 2010
    San Rafael, CA
    Thanks...took your advice on that.

19. MapleBurl

Aug 22, 2010
    San Rafael, CA
    I've attached an image. He completely knocked it out of the park on this one...it's the nicest bass I've ever owned or played. Plays like a dream, sings beautifully, looks stunning, and weighs about 7 1/2 lbs. I guess I'm hijacking my own thread now.

Attached Files:

20. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Yep, that's the one. Congrats!!!

Now back to your scheduled program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.