1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1998 Warwick F.N.A. 5 String bass with Wenge neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ___Bass___, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    1998 Warwick F.N.A. 5 string bass
    All original
    All wenge neck and fretboard
    Bell Brass frets
    Flamed maple top
    Swamp ash body
    These came stock with Seymour Duncan pickups and 3 band preamp with push pull volume know for bass boost with adjustable trim pot inside control cavity
    In good shape for its age but shows some signs of use but nothing major.
    The gold hardware shows some wear/discoloration especially on the tuners but everything functions like it should
    Frets show some wear but no dents or divots and has plenty of life left and are still level and can handle a low action setup like a proper warwick
    Frets were just polished,fret board cleaned and conditioned
    Newer strings about 1 month old 40,60,80,100,130 juststring.com custom set
    Hardcase included
    $900 or best offer shipped to continental us
    Trades considered mainly interested in fender precision bass or multiscale basses maybe ampeg b15 or svp+cash but open and willing to hear other offers
    Message me with any questions and or offers

Attached Files:

2. FenderCharles

FenderCharles Gold Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Raleigh North Carolina
    Pm'd

3. rolorocknerd

rolorocknerd

Sep 17, 2008
    Kansas
    Pm'd

4. Rodslinger

Rodslinger Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2013
    RVA & then some
    How’s the low B on this? Floppy? Tight?

5. 31HZ

31HZ Supporting Member

I’ll weigh in to say that I have a ‘98 FNA, and the B is substantially solid but not super-tight. Feels like the B on a good 34-incher like a Smith, but not *quite* as solid as the best B I’ve ever felt (my 35” 55-94).

Rodslinger likes this.
  6. I have a 130 gauge b string so it's fairly tight in standard tuning and really only gets floppy when tuned down to A but still very useable.About as good as a 34 inch scale will allow for.It sounds great its a German made Warwick

Rodslinger and 31HZ like this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021