1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1998 Warwick Thumb BO 5-String Fretless For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jleguy, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jleguy

jleguy Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro
    I deleted the earlier thread on this bass because I wanted to change the title from “Feeler” to “For Sale.” I have come to terms with my own rule of “If it is hanging as wall art for more than 6 months it goes.” This is a great fretless, tons of mwah and plays like butter. But my Rob Allen MB2 is just getting more fretless play.

Virtually in mint condition. You will not find any imperfections less one small nick on the back top of the tuner board that can be seen in the serial number photo. Cleaned and waxed it when I bought this used a year or so ago.

Regular (as apposed to Warwick’s broad neck) full wenge neck and slim neck profile unlike that of Warwicks post 1999. No fingerboard wear to speak of.

1998 vintage and all original less the strings of course.
    Serial No. G-050465-98
    34” scale
    Brass Just-A-Nut.
    4-piece regular wenge neck and ebony fingerboard, bolt-on construction.
    2-piece dark figured Ovangkol body with no marks.
    All original MEC pickups and preamp.
    Thomastik flat wounds JF345. Only a handful of rehearsals on them, virtually new.
    Thumb 5-strings have spec. 16.5mm string spacing at the bridge.

Comes with:
    TKL hardshell case and Warwick Rockbag gig bag, each original to the bass and clean. 3 allen wrenches to adjust truss rod and bridge. Can of Warwick wax.

$1400 for all, including shipping CON US. Not interested in trades right now, thanks.

More pics at:
    http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff9/jleguy2/1998 Thumb BO Fretless/

98ThumbBOfretless001.
    98ThumbBOfretless002.
    98ThumbBOfretless003.
    98ThumbBOfretless004.
    98ThumbBOfretless005.
    98ThumbBOfretless006.
    98ThumbBOfretless007.
    98ThumbBOfretless008.

2. jleguy

jleguy Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro
    bump

3. Now that is(IMO)what a Warwick should look like. Stunning, & no doubt better in the flesh. Lemme know when you want a 'player's' 73 P...
    :D

4. jleguy

jleguy Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro
    mmm...nice P...but I already have a '68 players P...interest appreciated...holding out right now for a sale if possible and don't mind being patient...

...and thanks for the compliments on the Thumb...she is nice and sometimes I wonder if I am really doing the right thing selling her

5. jleguy

jleguy Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro
    bump

6. jleguy

jleguy Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro
    on hold for gregsilva pending payment...

7. I'm still over here in the corner w/my P...

8. jleguy

jleguy Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro
    She is gone...sold...thanks for all the interest from others...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.