SOLD 1998 Warwick Thumb fretless 1100$

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Plantbrain, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Plantbrain

Plantbrain Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Hi all,

I have a 4 string Fretless Warwick bass. Nice low action. Wenge neck. Condition is excellent, there are a few tiny dings on the body, you'd have to look for them. Electronics all work as they should, neck is nice and straight, excellent bass all around. I was able to get the action quite low on it. Fretboard is in good shape, had round wounds at some point but only a slight impression was made. I kept it oiled up when I cleaned my other instruments. Has those recessed dunlop strap holders. Comes with gig bag and the dunlop strap holders.
    I have some NEW in the package flats for the bass, so you can string it up all nice and pretty.

Questions? Feel free to ask.

IMG_0997_zps6alre55o.gif

IMG_0998_zpstcdwfe7s.gif

IMG_0999_zpsbgft3ido.gif

IMG_1002_zpsvsj5ib6l.gif

IMG_1001_zpskvyqzvhy.gif

IMG_1000_zpserxcftk6.gif

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Ballin'bass, Hoggles and Dluxe like this.
  2. Plantbrain

Oct 9, 2006
    Fretboard is ebony, weight, 9.4 lbs on the bathroom scale.

3. Plantbrain

Oct 9, 2006
    PM's replied to.

4. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    Beautiful! I just tried. My first warwick fretless the other day, it was a corvette. Fantastic neck. Are the necks different on the thumb basses?

5. Plantbrain

Oct 9, 2006
    The corvette fretless is a nice bass, the thumb has a slightly different feel and sound to me. I got this after owning a corvette fretless. The sound has a bit more "growl" and attack I would say. Electronics are a little different(depends on what is on the corvette). Wenge neck has a bit different feel/sound. Brighter perhaps (but you can dial that back).

6. Would you consider trading for a very mint cond. American P bass?

7. Plantbrain

Oct 9, 2006
    Thanks, not interested in trade though. Need to get rid of a few in the herd.

Zos Kia Cultus likes this.
  8. Plantbrain

Oct 9, 2006
    1100$

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021