Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1999 MIM jazz de-fret.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by robb., Apr 23, 2004.

1. i have a 1999 "hecho en mexico" jazz fretless with a rosewood fingerboard and brand new dimarzio ultrajazz pickups. it is black and has a brand new mint green pickguard. i lined the entire control cavity and pickup cavities with copper foil.

the defret job i did myself, but i had the lines put in by peavey's bass guitar engineer. i also sanded the finish off the back of the neck and plan to oil it. i'll have him give it a look-over

i'm not looking for too much money and i'll pay shipping. make an offer and i'll consider. i'm also looking for trades, so if you have a nice 4, i'll put up some cash.

i'll post pictures if there's any interest.

thanks.
    robb.

2. edrubin

edrubin

Mar 12, 2004
    could i get some pics please? also, what is your ideal price range? edrubin@cox.net

3. there's been enough interest, so i'm going to post some pictures.

here's a full shot of the bass:

[​IMG]

and here's a closeup of the neck joint with the fretboard and pickguard:

[​IMG]

if you look closely at the neck joint, you can see where the line where i stopped sanding the finish.

i have been thinking i want $200 and i'll ship it. it will be shipped in an SKB hardshell case that i bought with the bass in 1999.

robb.

4. Email sent...

5. jsorvik

jsorvik

Mar 22, 2000
    Is this sold yet? I sent you an email on Saturday. I am very interested.

Thanks,

6. Jeff -- i'm sorry it's been so long. yours is one of three offers i've received and i'm considering which one to take. also, i want to make sure i have all the work done that i said i would before i start asking people for money.

let me know if you really want to buy this bass now, otherwise i appreciate your patience. i'll have an answer on this tonight or tomorrow.

thanks.
    robb.

7. jsorvik

jsorvik

Mar 22, 2000
    Hi Rob,

If I am the lucky one of the three to be selected, I would definitely like the bass. If you need time to finish the work, that is not a problem. I can wait once I know if I have something in hand.

Let me know....

Thanks!

8. this bass is sold!

robb.