1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1999 MIM jazz de-fret.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by robb., Apr 23, 2004.

1. i have a 1999 "hecho en mexico" jazz fretless with a rosewood fingerboard and brand new dimarzio ultrajazz pickups. it is black and has a brand new mint green pickguard. i lined the entire control cavity and pickup cavities with copper foil.

the defret job i did myself, but i had the lines put in by peavey's bass guitar engineer. i also sanded the finish off the back of the neck and plan to oil it. i'll have him give it a look-over

i'm not looking for too much money and i'll pay shipping. make an offer and i'll consider. i'm also looking for trades, so if you have a nice 4, i'll put up some cash.

i'll post pictures if there's any interest.

thanks.
    robb.

2. edrubin

edrubin

Mar 12, 2004
    could i get some pics please? also, what is your ideal price range? edrubin@cox.net

3. there's been enough interest, so i'm going to post some pictures.

here's a full shot of the bass:

[​IMG]

and here's a closeup of the neck joint with the fretboard and pickguard:

[​IMG]

if you look closely at the neck joint, you can see where the line where i stopped sanding the finish.

i have been thinking i want $200 and i'll ship it. it will be shipped in an SKB hardshell case that i bought with the bass in 1999.

robb.

4. Email sent...

5. jsorvik

jsorvik

Mar 22, 2000
    Is this sold yet? I sent you an email on Saturday. I am very interested.

Thanks,

6. Jeff -- i'm sorry it's been so long. yours is one of three offers i've received and i'm considering which one to take. also, i want to make sure i have all the work done that i said i would before i start asking people for money.

let me know if you really want to buy this bass now, otherwise i appreciate your patience. i'll have an answer on this tonight or tomorrow.

thanks.
    robb.

7. jsorvik

jsorvik

Mar 22, 2000
    Hi Rob,

If I am the lucky one of the three to be selected, I would definitely like the bass. If you need time to finish the work, that is not a problem. I can wait once I know if I have something in hand.

Let me know....

Thanks!

8. this bass is sold!

robb.