1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1999 Modulus Q6 Bart pre Bart pups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sleevey55, Feb 15, 2016.

1. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Price:
    Strings:
    1999 Modulus Q6 with 18v Bart preamp and Bart pickups. Black stone in color with gorgeous quilt and chrome hardware. Bass sounds fantastic and has very low action, it plays almost effortlessly. Neck is straight as an arrow but does also have a truss rod should you want to adjust it. For a 17 year old bass its in really great shape but does have your typical player wear as in buffing around the pickups, swirls and an occasional tiny tiny ding, but nothing I can catch in photos. The neck has a finish crack right by the nut on the bass side (Ill show a pic). Its only finish deep and has been there since Ive owned it and isnt noticeable unless you know where to look and you cannot feel it when playing at all. I know there is a fella out there who has Modulus necks if a person so chose to replace it, but It never bothered me and Im very particular. Bass balances perfectly and like I said, plays like a dream. Has a brand new set of DR Highbeams. Frets are in great condition. Bass will come in a brand new deluxe padded gig bag. Im looking for a quick sale and am asking a fair $1600 shipped for her. Look around and you'll see this is a great price on a solid bass. Other sites want nearly 3K or above for minty ones, for the shape this bass is in and the quality of it, I feel my asking price is quite fair. NEW PICS ADDED!!!! As you can see the clear coat has a hairline crack on both sides of the nut. Its only finish deep and isn't structural in ANY way. I was told by a Modulus collector that a lot of these basses got the same finish cracks off the nut due to the string tension on the nut, as the nut flexes a bit it would cause these hairlines to show up as Modulus cleared the edge of the nuts. After giving the bass a good once over tonight, its actually in better shape than I remembered, and in stellar shape for a 17 year old bass. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  2. dtsamples

dtsamples Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Wilmington, DE
    What a deal! Insane price!

Fred312b likes this.
  3. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana