1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1999 Stingray 4 For Sale - Teal/Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FidgetStone, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    SOLD:
    Greetings TB’ers,
    I am selling my trusty Stingray 4. I bought this from GuitarCenter in Dallas in late 2000 though I think that it is more likely 1999 vintage. It's been lightly gigged in a church band for about half or less of its life. I moved to upright bass for a couple of years then, oddly enough, to rhythm guitar. I’m back on bass now but my main axe is a 5-string fretless.

It is great playing shape and very good cosmetic shape. There are three small dings in out of the way places (see pictures). Also, the color is "teal" which doesn't quite translate correctly with digital photography. Check out the Ernie Ball site for a more accurate color representation.

I would prefer to keep it but I told my wife that I would sell one to help pay for the other. Includes original MM hard case in prefect shape. $795 shipped in the lower 48. PayPay or Postal money order.

Let me know if you are interested and ask all the questions you want. Thanks . . .

2. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    A couple more pictures. The two little dings in the body are circled. The back has no rash at all since I wear the bass high and out of belt buckle range.

3. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Talkbass' policy states that you have to advertise a price in a "for sale" ad. Just a head's up.

4. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    PMs replied. For sale only. No trades. Thanks . . .

5. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    Saturday bump. . .

6. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Dang too bad you won't accept trades, Im in Plano, Tx

7. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    *scrambles to come up with 8 bills*

*cries*

8. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Guest

Feb 4, 2004
    bump for trans teal.

9. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    Come on good people. Don't send me to eBay.

Thanks for looking . . . .

10. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    This is a great bass folks but the herd must be thinned to compensate for recent GAS related acquisitions.

Talk to me. Thanks . . .

11. Overseas shiping possible?

12. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    Bump... because this is the mirror twin to my 'ray... mine is also a '99 3-EQ transparent teal exactly like yours, though it's ding free; my HS case however has taken a beating.

Someone should jump all over this and score a fantastic bass in an odd yet oddly striking color. The OP is right on the money, pictures don't do trans-teal justice.

EDIT: forgot to mention mine even has a maple fingerboard, though mine seems a little darker in color. Otherwise we've got twins!

13. systemsdevelope

systemsdevelope smile and have coffee !

Sep 17, 2003
    The Center of the USA
    School of Hard Knocks
    is case Tolex or molded plastic ? pics ?

14. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    Sold to J. Romano.

Thanks all . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.