Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1Spot Compatibility

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petary791, May 9, 2005.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    My birthday is coming up and my mom asked what I want. Of course I want the American Big Muff, 105Q Bass Wah, DL4 (Probably won't get that,) and a loooper. Are all of those 1Spot capable?

Thanks!

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Yay for tplyons!

Thanks.

4. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Well, ressurecting this as I have a question on the CL6... what it does is only change the polarity? That is, make the center positive? Because I don't see any other difference between the regular onespot plugs and the CL6...

5. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    I don't think it reverses polarity (I'm not sure whether or not Line 6 pedals are center-negative), but there is one major difference between the CL6 and a regular plug...

The CL6 has a 2.5mm plug. The regular plug is 2.1mm. Both are the same size on the outside... but look inside at the pin and the interior of the barrel, and you'll see a size difference.

6. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    The CL6 reverses polarity, but also has a larger barrel size IIRC. The CYR is a reverse polarity plug that comes with the combo pack.

7. Dragonlord

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Indeed, you are correct sir. Thanks!

8. Dragonlord

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Thanks to you as well. BTW, my combo pack didn't include a CYR, and according to the site the new one is like mine, maybe it was included in the older combo pack.