1st Generation Steve Harris P Bass, Info Needed

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nitrofix, Apr 24, 2018.

1. nitrofix

nitrofix Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
    Hey Guys, Got a chance to pick up a 1st Generation Steve Harris P Bass and have a couple questions about it. First of all how are these basses / I know their Basswood with a Maple neck, how is the neck is it the thicker neck 1.75" or the thinner next 1.65"..And last of all how much value do you think these have ? I know the 2nd Gen's are going for around $1000. These are Rare and they only made them for a short period of time...Any other info would be great...Thanks

2. Lee Kirkham

Lee Kirkham

Jan 14, 2013
    Mesa, AZ
    The first generation, Japanese-made, Steve Harris models are around $1000 as well, only due to there rarity. Otherwise they would likely be sitting around $700 used. I couldn't find spec on the nut width, sorry.

3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I’m pretty sure they had the wider nut width.

4. Dluxe

Dluxe Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    The original first gen basses had the 1.65 nut. I bought one at the local Mars Music going out business sale. Wish I still had it. The last one I saw sold on eBay last December for $1500!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022