1st gig in almost 5 months

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by LowNloud1, Jul 11, 2020.

1. LowNloud1

LowNloud1 Commercial User

Jun 11, 2012
    Wilmington NC
    I am a hobbyist making stone picks that I sell but mostly give away. They made me do this anyways.
    Got to play an outdoor venue last night here in NC. First since February. We had social distance practices (Lead singer and I set up outside the room) and we are only doing outdoor gigs at this point.

While it pained my heart to cancel inside gigs, it's a hobby and not worth getting sick.

We were on a stage/gazebo and the venue had to limit the number of people it allowed to attend. Being far enough away from the audience, we played w/o masks. We don't take a break so we did not mingle. Good strong crowd all night. Venue did a good bar because it was hot, 87 degrees when we started. We already had monthly bookings scheduled thru November.

Audience was about 50% masked. Most were socially distance. After a few drinks there are always a few who forget about it.

2 notes: because the venue was limited to size of the crowd, we took a pay cut to help the owner. Not a problem because we aren't into it for the money. We did get half of the cut back in tips (We never ask for tips. People just started putting them on the stage).

We were a little rough on a couple tunes but it was like getting back on a bike...

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Nice! Glad it went well. What's the venue? We go down to Topsail a lot so I kay have to shoot over and catch a show.

3. Beersurgeon

Beersurgeon

Jul 16, 2010
    Denver
    You know the rules, no pics, didn't happen! :D

roccobass likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021