Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1st gig was Saturday

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Rumzini, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    After 4 months of practice with my band we played our first show Saturday night. Oh and what a night. Please do not mix excesive amounts of alcohol, (namely Jager), with nervousness and a muscle relaxer. Most of our playing was good but not great like we could have been. And then...after the third song we lost our lights, PA, guitar, and the drummers subs! I was using a seperate line so I was cool. After about a half hour we were back online when after about 3 more songs...downpour!!! Lightning, thunder, rain...the whole shebang!!! A crowd of about 80 scaterred down to about 20 die hard fans listening to all original metal in a thunderstorm!!!! We finally ended it and the whole night is just a blur. After my whole life of wanting to play guitar, switched to singing, then to drums, back to guitar...then finally finding my home with bass....after the 4 months of preperations and practice...it was all done. The band is taking a 2 week vacation fom each other then we're hitting the studio for a 4-5 song demo...then off to whoever will have us. I can't wait...a whole new world.

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    voice of experience - don't drink and gig
    congrats on your 1st gig! - awesome you had so many there and so many who withstood mother nature to hear you finish up!

3. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Hey thanks....and sound advice