1st gig with new band

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by srbguitar, Nov 15, 2003.

1. srbguitar

srbguitar Guest

Jul 19, 2002
    Fremont CA
    yesterday was our first gig as a band. our rythme guitarist\back up singer has been with us for all of one week and the show was awesome. every thing went smooth and the sound was great (probably because i did it, there is no one at my school that knows how to do any of that stuff)
    the gig was a fund raiser for my junior class and it looks like it went very well
    so in to the gig. at lunch we played half our set from the night set and a few covers to get people to know who we were. that went great for everthing but the rain. as soon as we hit the first note it started to rain and by the third song it was pouring, luckly nothing was dammaged (i hope). but the cool part was the drummers dad was video taping it and we look prety cool with the rain. so after lunch during last period we skipped class and dried everything off.
    then after school we set up and did the sound check for the night performance we got everything set up and checked then relaxed with some music playing through the PA. so the first two bands are both acoustic so iwas able to relax and not worry much with the sound then came up the 3rd band Broken Winter, then Printed Blanks, and finaly us Frieds of the Enemy. our performance was great the sound was just right and i could hear everthing. i borrowed a wireless system from a friend so before the first song i was in the crowd and walked up on to the stage. the seconed song there was a part in the middle of the song were everyone cuts out and it goes to a guitar riff so i had pleaty of toime to supprise everyone with throwing my bass around me. we were the last band and the best and the longest, or so i've been told.
    and also there was two guys from a local recored lable there so there might be a good chance that we will be singed soon.
    i'm so happy that everything went well, i could barely sleep last night any way this is getting kind of long.
  2. Hey congrats on your fun gig!

Your profile says you are from Fremont CA, hey me too.

Where are you from? Do you go to Kennedy High, Fremont high? Where?

Just wanted to say HI and keep up the great work!

3. Glad your first gig was fun... sorry about the rain.

Good luck on the next one as well!

4. srbguitar

srbguitar Guest

Jul 19, 2002
    Fremont CA
    i go to Kennedy.
    thanks and ya we were sorry about the rain too