1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1st Paying Gig

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by outofthedeep, Sep 29, 2004.

1. outofthedeep

outofthedeep Guest

Jan 14, 2004
    East Texas
    Ok, so I found out toniight I have my first paying gig on October 31st. I am playing 4 times a week now but its all for free, because it's all for my church. Anyway, I have a slight delima, because, at the present moment, I have no amp. :crying: I sold my 100 watt combo a few months ago, because I never used it, as the church has a somewhat decent head and cab.

Anyway, to add to all that, the money I had been saing for my new stack has now all been spent on a "new" car because the transmission went out on my other car :spit: stupid car.....

So now I have a gig with the band I am about to start playing/travelling with but still have no amp.....
    anyone in the Austin Texas area have an amp I can borrow? Or anyone have a cheapo combo they could sell? like $300 -$400, or have one to donate to me? :p

Sorry just wanted to share..... have a nice day

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Got a credit card? Buy an amp and pay it off on time.

Better yet buy it at GC and take back for a full refund after your gig :D

More serious suggestion: see if you can rent an amp from a local music store.

Good luck.

3. Flaw reckon they did that Musician's Friend and recorded their first demo-album. Its worth a shot.

Leigh