1st Paying Gig

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by outofthedeep, Sep 29, 2004.

1. outofthedeep

outofthedeep Guest

Jan 14, 2004
    East Texas
    Ok, so I found out toniight I have my first paying gig on October 31st. I am playing 4 times a week now but its all for free, because it's all for my church. Anyway, I have a slight delima, because, at the present moment, I have no amp. :crying: I sold my 100 watt combo a few months ago, because I never used it, as the church has a somewhat decent head and cab.

Anyway, to add to all that, the money I had been saing for my new stack has now all been spent on a "new" car because the transmission went out on my other car :spit: stupid car.....

So now I have a gig with the band I am about to start playing/travelling with but still have no amp.....
    anyone in the Austin Texas area have an amp I can borrow? Or anyone have a cheapo combo they could sell? like $300 -$400, or have one to donate to me? :p

Sorry just wanted to share..... have a nice day
  2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Got a credit card? Buy an amp and pay it off on time.

Better yet buy it at GC and take back for a full refund after your gig :D

More serious suggestion: see if you can rent an amp from a local music store.

Good luck.
  3. Flaw reckon they did that Musician's Friend and recorded their first demo-album. Its worth a shot.