Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1st Round KO!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Is Mike Tyson back, or was this just a lucky outing?

2. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    it's the magic of the tattoo...;)

3. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    And with a broken back!

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Look who he was fighting. Another schmo (known for his glass jaw) for him to pummel. For this fight and probably his next one at least they're just looking for warm bodies who are willing to stand in front of him and attempt to punch.

As far as Tyson being "back"... Tyson was truly revealed for what he has become in the Lennox Lewis match. Lennox completely outboxed and made a fool of Tyson. He'll NEVER be even close to what he once was..especially considering his mental and emotional state. Having said that though I will say that Tyson does still have a pretty devestating right hand and he'll have a "slugger's chance" in any match.

brad cook

5. (Imitation voice from "Opie and Anthony" clip on)

WHY IS THERE THIS TAG IN MY EAR WITH A NUMBER AND RADIO TRANSMITTER ON MY BACK?....I THINK THAT IS TO TRACK MY MIGRATION HABITS...THEY WANNA KNOW WHERE MIKE GOES IN BETWEEN FIGHTS...WELL, IN DA WARM WEATHER I GO NORF AND IN TEH COLD WEATHER I GO SOUF...

ONE TIME I WAS AT THE LOCAL DUMP.....AND IT WAS DANGEROUS FOR THE OTHER ANIMALS SO THEY PUT ME ON DA BACK OF A PICKUP TRUCK AND RELOCATED ME....BUT I KEPT COMIN BACK CAUSE THAT WAS SOME TASTY-@SS GARBAGE....YOU CAN'T KEEP ME AWAY FROM A GOOD, HALF-EATEN SWANSON TV-DINNER THING AT THE DUMP...I LOVE THAT ****.

6. mike tyson? *cough* wussy *cough*

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Tyson's back! tufnuts! hide your left ear :oops: :eek:

8. Whoa, now I wouldn't call him that. The guy is crazy strong, and I wouldn't doubt for a minute that he couldn't knock you out in a few seconds flat.

On another note, I do think this was a lucky outing for Tyson. His state of being is way out of whack right now and I really doubt he'll be getting back to what he was.

9. I think that, after hearing the post fight (in ring) interview, that he's probably clearer in the head now than he's been in awhile. When asked if he was going to seek a rematch with Lennox Lewis Mike replied (paraphrased but real close):

"I'm not gonna try to fool myself or the public into thinking I'm ready for Lennox Lewis. I don't want to get beat up again"

No kidding, he really said that. That says to me that he's gonna prepare harder for Lennox than he did the last time and that he'll make a better fight of it.

By the way, I think Tyson is probably one of the more dispicable humanoids on the face of the planet. :spit:

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I had heard the guy didn't have a glass jaw... he had a glass head;)

Didn't see the fight... as usual.

11. (cue Opie and Anthony voice again)

"SEE THE FUNNY THING ABOUT THE TYSON JAW IS THAT ITS POWER ISN'T IN OPENING, IT'S IN CLOSING. YOU CAN HOLD IT SHUT WIT YOUR BARE HANDS, BUT DONT LET IT OPEN CAUSE I'LL TAKE YOUR FINGERS OFF!

FINGERS OFF, ZOLOFT, WHATEVAH....."

(end Opie and Anthony voice)

"They should have a ring around the audience so he doesn't hurt the spectators. A cage match, except the audience is in the cage."

:D

12. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I smelled a thrown fight.........

When Tyson's opponent went down, he took his mouthpiece out and put it in his glove while he was down on the mat. Looked kinda weird for someone who was "knocked out."

13. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    tyson kind of did the same think when he got knocked out by buster. i cant see it being thrown the way etienne got knocked out and falling back on his leg which can cause some serious injuries.